So...I'm just sitting here wondering, WHERE DID OUR SUMMER GO??? Hardly seems possible that the little guys are already back in school...
I guess it was flying by so fast, I forgot to do any blogging - oops!
I'll do a quickie instagram update of our summer for ya, how's that?!
My littlest man is just growing up so fast - he can be a real booger, but he can also be the sweetest thing, and he knows just how to melt this mama's heart. Every time. He has to give me a big ole hug every 15 minutes or so - but I don't mind a bit.
We had a Thomas Birthday party for him on the 4th of July - it was *supposed* to be a backyard party, but wouldn't ya know, it rained bucket loads all. day. long. But it's all good - cake tastes just as good inside as it does outside. (I know you can't tell from the piccy, but Weston really did enjoy his Birthday - he just has a thing against cameras...)
We also had a great time at camp this summer...
Yes, there was lots of chatting and shopping going on. And eating. And laughing. And then some more chatting and some more shopping... Fun Times!
It was so nice to visit with friends - and it was so fun to get a quick surprise visit from Heather!
It has rained SO MUCH this summer that the boys about went crazy - every time the sun would peek out from behind the clouds, they'd make a mad dash for the pool and stay till it started raining again :)
Weston wasn't satisfied with his little kiddie pool - he enjoyed it for a few minutes, then he was ready to dive in the big pool with the big boys. So we put him in a toddler floatie thing and he was happy happy happy - I think he could have floated around in there for days - he was so content.
The weekend before school started, we treated the guys to a day at the zoo. Weston absolutely LOVES animals, and is quite talented in making all the animal sounds, I might add ;) I got a kick out of watching him having such a good time - he was just amazed with every animal, things he's seen in books or videos, but not for real!
Carson is still my biggest ham!
First Day of School!!!
They were both so excited, they were up, completely dressed, and had eaten their breakfast by 6 am. They didn't get that from me. Or their dad... But I'm glad they were excited about it, and they're still enjoying it. I did, however, make a new rule - NOBODY gets up before the alarm goes off. So now they lay there and just wait for it to go off so they can jump out of bed...
I still don't understand that.
We did manage to get a few "normal" shots - but this one is much more real.
I've been enjoying our daily drive through town to pick them up from school - there are hanging baskets like this on every corner, and they're all absolutely amazing. And they're all different. So pretty!
My much better half celebrated his 35th Birthday this week. And I must say, 35 looks pretty good on him.
Now that the guys are back in school, and we're all trying (desperately) to get back into a routine, I've started to restock the etsy shop! I took off for most of the summer, and didn't do very much sewing. I've listed a few new things, and I'm working on some other new ones as well.
(You may or may not have noticed that I'm totally in love with the new Rhonna Designs Ap! If you haven't tried it, you simply MUST. It takes instagram photos to a whole new level, with fun fonts, quotes, and designs to add to your photos - such a fun and creative ap!)
Now you've officially been updated on life here at the parsonage for the past few months - I hope all of you had a great summer too! Here's to an awesome school year =)


8 comments:
Looks like you had a wonderful summer. Sure wish I could have been in on all that chatting, shopping and eating...such fun. Thanks for the update, I was wondering what had happened to you.
Yes, what a fun (and for us - extremely eventful!!) summer it was!! Melissa, you need to come join us!!!! :)
Love the app, although I think I need a few more lessons from you in working with it. That 1st day picture is my favorite! Sooo funny!!! :)
Welcome back! :)
My child definitely doesn't have that morning thing in common with yours...she doesn't want to get up until the last possible minute, and is generally pretty dawdle-y and grouchy in the morning (she does like school, just not getting up for it!). Actually, about the only time either of my kids wake up happy and ready to go is on the mornings we don't have anywhere to go - Saturday morning (y'know, when Mom and Dad are TRYING to sleep) they're up at 7-7:30, bouncing off the walls! :-O
Wish my drive to school was as scenic as yours - mine's 20-25 minutes of warehouses and bumpy road!! :)
Gillian, I'm sure that as the year goes on, the guys will be less excited about getting up. (it could have something to do with mean ole mom sending them to bed at 8:30 every night...but they do get up happier the earlier they go down.) And I totally get the Sat morning bouncing thing - it drives us crazy, too =)
I think it takes us longer to load up in the car than it takes us to actually drive to school - it's a 5 minute drive. I'm spoiled to it!
Enjoyed your summer history and pictures. I have the cutest grandsons and daughter-in-law. Love your guys.
I enjoyed seeing and hearing all that you did this summer. Sorry to hear that it was so rainy, kids don't enjoy that, do they.
Your boys are absolutely adorable, how nice that they enjoy school so much. And your purses are all so pretty.
How come your instagram photos always look so great? It all looks like fun! Enjoyed catching up with you!
What a fun catch-up post! =)
I loved all the pics...and I Loved getting to come by and see you and your husband, other friends we saw at camp, and our friends the Shirks.
Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. I surely am having a BLAST being in my USA home and decorating it for FALL! =)
Hoping all is going great your way!
~Heather~
Post a Comment