So my original plan was to find a large square upholstered ottoman to replace our dark and very scratched up coffee table. But....the more I looked at them, the less I wanted to spend the money. Yeah, I'm kind of a tightwad like that. I figured the least I could do was to paint the old one until I decide what to do about getting something new.
Here's what she looked like before I attacked her with spray paint...
Funny how changing just a few little things changes the whole look of a place! The whole room feels brighter. I like it so much, I may just keep it.
(Honestly, I never saw the toys under the sofa till I posted these pics. Now it's BUGGING me to pieces! Just some extra random decor, compliments of Weston...)
We recently found a chunkier white cabinet to replace the dark, small table that we had in there. It fits the space much better, and matches my "new" coffee table perfectly. I was also craving some more punchy color, so I threw together some coral pillow covers, and that was just the punch I was looking for!
Now if I could just find a smallish table for the other lamp - so far I haven't had any luck. It would have to be pretty small to fit in that space, but I'd like for it to kinda match the other table. Oh, and it has to be cheap, too. ;) The search goes on...
I found the summer chalkboard printable on pinterest - I just love it! Ya can't beat free decor!
In other news, this little guy turned 2 years old this past week.
Where has the time gone??? It doesn't seem like my BABY should be 2 already.
There's a Thomas the Train party in the plans for this weekend. Wish me luck as I try to make a Thomas cake... I may wish I had just ordered one!









9 comments:
Love it! Don't you love when you can repurpose something you already have?!!! TWO??? Can't be. Hope you had a good 4th...been raining non-stop here!
I like the table shape. And, why not attach the small "lamp holder" with some paint? :) Good luck on the cake!
Yes, Lauren, It has been a super soggy 4th here - it has rained and thunderstormed non stop. Our outdoor party is getting moved indoors...
Jenny, I did think of painting it, but there are 2 of them, a matching set, and I plan to use them as nightstands in our guest room. So, I probably should leave it alone so it will match the other one. Besides, its a woven rattan sort of thing, not so sure how well they would paint?
Love it. It really gives the room a new feel.
Why don't you just paint that other lamp stand....I love the basket look and I think it would be cool for the wood to be white with the wick baskets.
Your newly painted coffee table is fabulous looking! I love it in white, it is softer and so much beechier looking. You living room keeps getting nicer and nicer, I am wondering what is next, the fireplace surround perhaps?
Hugs, Cindy
Very nice!!! I love the coffee table! Great shape! I think it's perfect!!!
Weston!! Such a big boy!! Hard to believe he's two!
I think it looks awesome. I would just live with it for a while and you may end up loving it more then anything you could buy. I love to repurpes things. Just a little paint and you have a whole new look. When my hubby said I am going a little crazy with the paint cans, I tell him I'm just being care with the money God gave us :-)
Love the coffee table's new look. =) I think it's a keeper.
Can't believe that your baby is getting so big. Loved his pics in the post below.
Loved getting to see y'all again this summer. Glad it worked out for us to swing by Pell City for a few minutes. =)
~Heather~
Your blog is so sweet and lovely.
I am so glad to have stumbled upon it.
Blessings!
Sue
Post a Comment