I realize I'm not sharing anything new here - sprucing up flip flops has been done a gazillion different ways already. But, what's one more gonna hurt?! We'll call it the frugal girl's fancy flip flops.
First, I found some el cheapo flops at Walmart for 2.28. Can't go wrong with that! Of course, they're no Yellow Box by any stretch, but they'll do. Besides, Dave Ramsey doesn't think that owning a pair of Yellow Box in every color of the rainbow is exactly an emergency need.
I had bought this headband thingy on clearance at Cato's for a dollar. But it looked way weird on my head. So I thought maybe it would look better on my feet. Yep - my mind works kinda weird like that.
I took it all apart, separating the flowers from the band.
Then I simply hot glued some of the flowers onto the flip flops. Easy Peasy!
So there ya have it - fancy flops for 3.28. I call that a bargain!
Happy feet!


9 comments:
Cute and fun!! Love the flowers!! (Hmm... You SURE about Dave Ramsey and Yellow Box??) :P
Love it! I have a pair of flip flops I got at Target with similar flowers and love them!! Which reminds me...I really need to make a pair of either rag or balloon ones for my daughter in her new college colors!
perfect frugal fancy flip flops. I hate paying big bucks for flip flops.
Super cute! Love the idea. Thanks for sharing. BTW-- I think ya made Dave R. a happy man :)
Ke-ute!
Super cute and so inexpensive! Love the idea!
Hugs, Cindy
Very cute! Dave R. might even approve.
I likey =) I bought some ribbon on Friday & threaded it through a pair of wedges {that have a cut-out type pattern}. it gave my outfit just the pop it needed =)
Cute flip flops..how fun!
And I just now got to see your bathing cuties below! Adorable! Makes me want to do something similar. But, since our lives are so transitional right now...I think I'll wait until ONE day...when I'm back in our USA house. =)
Blessings,
~Heather~
Post a Comment