Tuesday, February 21

The Pantry

Ever wondered what was behind this door in my kitchen?
 It stayed closed for a reason.
It was disgusting. Pure and simple.
But it didn't rank very high on the priority list because, after all, it was *just* a closet. 
 It didn't even have a floor for pity's sake. (That's just old plywood...)
But who says a closet can't be pretty too?! I mean, come on. I go in there 15 times a day. So that's 15 times a day I'm grossing out. So, we rolled up our sleeves, got out the paint and wallpaper and went to town in there. I still don't know why we didn't do this sooner. Now every time I go in there, it makes me smile. Not to mention, it's much more functional!
 A pantry that would make Granny proud. If only she were here to put on one of those aprons of hers and whip up one of her homemade chocolate pies. Mmmm...

Here's the before pic of the other side.

And the after...


A place for everything, and everything in it's place!


Moral of this story is, don't overlook the little spaces - they can make a big difference, too!
Photobucket

17 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

VERY ADORABLE! Love it! Love your red tray-magnetic board. Cute! It's times like these that I wish I could run to Goodwill and find me an old tray to spray paint, but, one of these years. =)

Thanks for both of your sweet comments. I got the "dipping icing cookie" from YOUR pinterest. It turned out fun and easy and I was happy with how the red cookie "popped" on my black plates! =) Thanks for pinning it, so I could use it. =)

~Heather~

Charity said...

So cute!! Love all the aprons and that curtain! I wish there was room in my pantry for cute - there is barely room for food in there... although it did get a repainting recently! :)

Anonymous said...

This is so nice! I wish, I had a little cubby like this. I use a cabinet for extras. I love your color scheme...so nice :) I'd be smiling too!

Pamela Gordon said...

What an adorable pantry! You did a wonderful job making it over. It is a sweet place to step into now.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little space! I love it. Thanks for another great inspiration.

dee dee said...

What a lovely space!
You turned it into a true gem!
dee dee

Unknown said...

Awesome! I have so many spaces that need help, but I can't even keep the house picked up. Where do you get your energy?!?!

Cindy said...

What a perfectly sweet little pantry you have now! I love the bead board wallpaper, I'm always amazed at how real it looks.
Everything is lovely and what enjoyment it must bring you. Nothing like a pretty pantry to make you smile!
Hugs, Cindy

lila said...

Such a nice makeover! It is fun to have everything in order. Glad you can go in there now and smile.

Simply LKJ said...

Definitely not ugly anymore! Such a great transformation. Certainly a very happy place now.

RicKaren said...

No I never wondered, but I LOVE the door itself. I like that all your cleanng items have red handles, the aprons are adorable and please tell em where I can get coffee thermos caraffe thing like is in your adorable pantry???

Brittany said...

Thanks to everybody!
Karen, I'm not even real sure exactly what that thermos thing is! It has a weird spinning thing on the bottom. I found it at the Thrift Store and thought it looked Cath Kidston-ish ;) But I've always wondered just what it's supposed to be used for.

RicKaren said...

;) Well, anyway...I think t's awesome!

RicKaren said...

*it's awesome. My keyboard has started skipping letters here and there....it's okay if I type real s.l.o.w.l.y.

Angela said...

BEE-U-TIFUL!!!! I am so ready to attack my laundry room makeover now!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Wow! So pretty! I would definitely be smiling if I had a space like that. Love it.

Helen said...

You are so inspiring! I have a similar closet next to our bathroom. It holds towels and other things. I had meant to redo it but never got around to do it. Lazy was the main reason. But after seeing your closet, I am ready to do.