Tuesday, March 27

Spring!

WooHoo!!! It looks like old man winter is gone for good. That t-totally fills up my happy tank. These beautiful warm days have inspired me to (finally...) take down the Valentine's decor (Ouch!) and spread some Springtime! 
Of course, Pinterest helped get me going, too. I swiped some dogwood branches from my Mom's tree, and those blooms lasted exactly one day. (I'm pretty sure I've told you about my black thumb of death. It hasn't changed any.) I plan to glue on some faux blooms now that these have all died. 

I used this tutorial to make some cute Robin eggs from plastic Easter eggs. Fun project! Cheap too.

I added some springy touches in the kitchen and dining room...


 And I've always wanted to try growing some wheat grass, so I sweet talked the preacher into making me this  super cool box. It's perfect!  I got some inspiration from this pin.
This piccy was taken about 6 days after I planted the seeds. That stuff is fast! So far, this is the only thing I've not killed, so I'm now all about wheat grass! It is SO my friend.

The big news at the Parsonage is, the little man is now on the move. Which means, so are all the rest of us ;) Life has just gotten even more interesting!

He's growing up so fast. So hard to believe he'll be 9 months old this week! 
Photobucket

8 comments:

Charity said...

LOVE it!!! Now can you come do my spring mantle?? :) Hmm... I may have to do some of those eggs. I never can have enough pretty eggs!

Have fun keeping up with your little guy!! :)

Unknown said...

So cool!

I have a black thumb, too. I always wonder why I attempt to plant flowers every spring because I always kill them. I was planting some today and wondered, "Well, how long are these gonna last?" LOL

Simply LKJ said...

Love all the spring decor. Can't believe the little guy is 9 months already. Adorable, and looks a lot like his big brothers!

Cindy said...

All of your Spring-y touches and decor are beautiful. I love seeing what you do, you have such a pretty style. Your wheat grass is so fresh looking, it really adds to a room.
Your little one is such a darling, SO cute!!!
I love those lamps in the next to last photo.
Have a beautiful week,
Cindy

The Dickinsons said...

Very fun spring decor...enjoyed seeing all the pretty touches. I like your new box and grass too. =)

Can't believe your little boy will be 9 months soon. What a cutie!

Thank you for your super sweet comments.

Love,
~Heather~

lila said...

Beautiful decor. Hard to believe your little one is getting so big.

Charity said...

Super-beauteous! You do a lovely job in the world of homemaking!!! :o)

The Dickinsons said...

Brittany, I finally got a glue again here in Colombia (after mine got broken). I had one in Argentina, but I had no material to work with. So, last night Kimberly and I had fun making a rose from your tutorial (using burlap) that I had found on your blog way back.

We also made some roses/flowers from what you pinned on Pinterest about making flowers out of snagged tights. Fun! Blisters! Ouch! =)

I hope all is well your way. We're looking forward to you posting again. =)

~Heather~