Friday, November 5

Finished Object Friday

I've had this trusty little mixer for years. Looking at it the other day, I just got to thinking...

I wonder what it would look like to 50's it up a bit, maybe with a new seafoam green paint job...
I LOVE it!! 
Hi, my name is Brittany, and I love spray paint.
"Hi, Brittany"...

But honestly, doesn't it make life so much more interesting?! I always find it amazing what a little color can do.  And I am now more convinced than ever, you can paint anything.

Happy Friday, y'all! And be sure to check out the other Finished Object Friday projects at the Chari Tree =)
Photobucket

17 comments:

Nikki said...

Very nice! I really like the new color!

Unknown said...

K, I thought nothing you painted would surprise me anymore but that just did. It looks so cute! I never would have dreamed of painting a mixer!

Cindy said...

WoW!! I love it! It looks great.
Hugs, Cindy

Unknown said...

Gonna have to agree with Wendy...:) Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how cute! You painted the mixer! I need it - it would match my kitchen! :) These olden mixer are really so much better than the new ones.
Have a great weekend,
Shelia ;)

RicKaren said...

It looks fantastic! I have to ask...how did you do it? Did you take it all apart or tape off the parts you didn't want to paint and is it washable(you know...like when batter splashes up on it...or is it mostly decorative?). Did you use primer first? I don't even have one yet, but I've always wanted a red one sitting out......

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

What will you think of next girl? Pure genius!

Brittany said...

Thanks, y'all!
Karen, I taped off the parts I didn't want to paint (even the cord) then used glossy spray paint, which is very scrubbable. I didn't use a primer first, but I did scrub the mixer real good with some strong grease cutting cleaner. It's holding up just fine. Oh and it's definitely not just decorative - we use it all the time =)

Shirley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shirley said...

Sorry...I meant, AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

What brand of paint and color did you use?

Bring Pretty Back said...

ADORABLE!!!!! Great color choice!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Brittany said...

The paint was "seafoam green" by Rustoleum. I think I got it at Wal Mart.

Shirley said...

Britt, tell me about the old plate hanging beside it. Is it a 'Homer Laughlin'? If so....it's worth something.

Gail said...

Neat! It's so funny, I "had" that same mixer. Mine died a couple years ago, before I ever had a chance to paint it! I also have a couple of dishes like the plate on the wall. Homer Laughlin?

Brittany said...

Y'all made me curious about my old plate - I also have a saucer and platter in the same pattern. I looked them all over and found no markings of any kind on any of them. I just like them because they remind me of some dishes my Granny had when I was a girl. I found them all at various thrift shops.

Pamela said...

My son-in-law got Melanie a new one for her birthday. He didn't want to get her a color because she likes change too much. I'll have to tell her they can be painted! She paints everything. Your corner is perfect!