Monday, November 22

Surprise??!!!!

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while! The fact is....
I am Sick. As. A. Dog.  
But it's a good thing.
We're expecting a new little one! And boy, were we ever surprised! After 12 years of marriage, and 2 in vitro babies, we didn't think a "surprise" was possible. We're super duper excited, but sooooooo sick. I get this way every time. I just hope it goes by quickly this time. Oh, and I've pretty much tried everything...ginger ale (YUCK!), ginger snaps, tea, saltines, etc, etc.... I'm on zofran, but can't seem to notice any improvement. Nothing tastes good, and nothing takes the nausea away. Popsicles seem to help for a few minutes, so I'm existing on those! 
I really hope to feel up to blogging soon - I've missed you all! Right now I'm in survival mode. Please help us pray that the sickness goes away quickly - I'm having a very difficult time keeping up with my 2 lil guys! They need their mommy back. 
Photobucket

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Blech! I've been super tired with this one and now a crooked back. Know what you mean to getting back to normal! Congratulations!!!!

Simply LKJ said...

Brittany,
Congrats! So sorry you are feeling crummy though, so not fun especially when having to keep up with the 2 boys. Praying you feel more like yourself soon.

Cindy said...

Oh MY!!! A huge congratulations to you and hubby, I am so glad this didn't happen right after you moved into your new house, that would have driven you crazy. This Winter you will have to sit back and take it easy. I am SO happy for you!!!
I have been wondering what was going on...glad it's this!
Big hugs, cindy

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Congratulations! So happy for you! I do know that awful feeling of "morning sickness" that lasts 24/7. No other sickness like it. To this day, certain smells, etc can just give me that wave of nausea. Praying you get over it quickly. Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you!! When is the new one due to arrive? Hopefully this part won't last long--you have a extra-special blessing for Thanksgiving day! Congrats--

Katieannsmama said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! We didn't think a surprise was possible for us either after 8 years of infertility...but now we have a 2 year old surprise and another surprise on the way in February! God is so good...all the time!

Melissa Miller said...

Brittany that is FANTASTIC!!! Congrats! Baby fever seems to be going around blog land these days. You are my third blog friend with an unexpected baby suprise in the last few months. Awesome news!

Happy Thanksgiving blessings to you. ~Melissa :)

RicKaren said...

Do you ever just get sick of the "try this" "do that" "I have a cure" people? I'm so happy for you abd so sorry at the same time. I have been there 5 times now. Well, only the surprise way once but anyway. Hang in there! It will be sooo worth it! :) Ginger, raspberry, zofran, sea bands, preggie pops....the only thing that worked for me was time. Lots and lots of time.

Charity said...

Of course, I'm sooo happy for you! I'm rooting for a little girl! :) Let me know when I can start knitting a baby bonnet! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you, what a blessing. I'm sorry you are suffering so though, especially with little ones to chase after. Take care of yourself. :)

Sarah Cook said...

Congratulations!!! I am really happy for you! I know you don't know me, but I enjoy reading your blog, and was wondering what happened to you... I was so happy to read your post... hope you get to feeling better, though!

Julie said...

Congratulations! I was sick too and my Dr told me to take Vitamin B6 and a 1/2 a unisom at night and it cured my morning sickness. I hope you feel better soon!

Andrea said...

You've been on my mind! So happy for you! I'll be praying that your nausea will be as tolerable as possible and your boys like angels!
What do the boys think?

Making Memories 1999 said...

Congratulations! So happy for you. Trusting that you begin feeling better soon, and that the rest of your pregnancy goes well! Blessings!

Valerie Cottage Making Mommy said...

Congratulations! Have you tried candied ginger from the health food store and sometimes peppermint essential oil under your nose and on your tummy help too.

Happy Holidays,

The Cute Couponer

Rita M. said...

The ONLY thing that got me thru the morning sickness phase was Sea Bands. They are sold in most drug stores in the section with motion sickness medication. They are bracelets with a small round thing that puts pressure on the inside of your wrist. I swear by them!

Shirley said...

I just stopped by here to check on you. I just feel bad that you feel bad. Love you!

GLOANN said...

Hi Brittany, You don't know me, but I have read and loved your blog for a long time. First, I appreciate your walk with Christ and secondly I love your decorating flair with old seemingly worthless things. Just want you to know that you have been added to my prayer list. I was never sick a day with any of my pregnancies, but my sister was horribly sick most every day of hers. So I do have an idea of how very bad you must be feeling. I am praying for God to deliver you from this and give you and your husband a precious new baby.

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry that you are having it rough. May God bless you and your family with a beautiful and healthy little bundle of joy.

Shirley said...

I just came by to check on you. I found your 'Lilly' counter. Now I'll know where to look to track your remaining time. Thanks for doing that. Love you bunches

Uhu work said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.