Thursday, December 16

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas...

Hello?
tap...tap...
Anybody out there?
Or did you all give up on me...

Thanks so much to all of you who have left me messages, emails, comments, etc! It's been a rough few months, and I'm reeeeeeally hoping that the worst is over. I'm still having to take the nausea meds every day, and I will be quite happy when I don't need them anymore. The best way I can describe being on phenergan is, it makes you feel like it's always about 3 o'clock in the morning. And I don't do mornings.  
I haven't felt well enough to do much decorating for Christmas, so the living room was the only room that got "decked".

And I'm so glad I finally got some lights up! There's just nothing like snuggling up in a blanket, sipping hot chocolate by the glowing lights of the tree. I think it has some medicinal value - it makes me feel a little better.

Lookie there, I even got a few presents wrapped! Had it not been for amazon.com we wouldn't even HAVE presents this year. Thank goodness for online shopping.
I love this little birdie ornament...

Oh yeah...almost forgot - I got the living room painted ages ago, then I got too sick to care about showing it to you. Sooo...here's a sneak peak of the new look.
It's much more toned down, and I'm enjoying it soooo much better. 

I did toss a Christmasy wreath up on the old window. Because it was looking kinda sad and lonely. 
And that, my friends, is the extent of my Holiday decorating this year. Now you know I must really be sick, right?! I think last year I had 7 trees. 
Ugh, I don't even wanna think about it. 
Now if I could just get well enough to do some baking... It's killing me. I neeeeed some oreo truffles, and frosted cookies, and toffee, and turtles, and....phooey. It's just not happening.
I hope to be back to my regular blogging self soon, if the little one will be nice to mommy and cooperate! Thanks again for all the prayers and notes of encouragement - y'all are awesome. 
A very Merry Christmas to every one of you peeps!
Photobucket

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw your comment on facebook and followed you over here. Your tree and living room look gorgeous. Really they do. I love the colours, everything. I wish I could bake for you and hope you feel better soon. It's got to be a girl if it's giving you this much trouble ;)

Charity said...

Beautiful!!! I love your new living room look. Your Christmas decor looks great!(and skates on the mantle, too!!) :)

Glad you are starting to feel better! We've missed you over here! :)

Simply LKJ said...

Brittany, I've missed you! Glad you are hanging in there. Our youngest has an anti-nausea med we keep at home for when she has her migraines, it's called Zofran...doesn't make you feel all drugged out like phenegran. Maybe ask your OB if that is a safe alternative. May ease the fog! Your mantel and tree are beautiful. Love the ice skates. We have some hanging on our front door (both girls used to skate).

Brittany said...

Thanks y'all! Lauren, I tried zofran first and it didn't seem to help at all. I landed in the hospital the day after Thanksgiving because I was dehydrated and couldn't keep anything down. Not a great way to spend the holiday! So far the phenergan is the only thing that helps at all so I guess I'll just have to put up with the fog...

Unknown said...

*hugs* Can't say I know how you feel, 'c ause my pregnancies were spent more wishing I COuLD puke, because I was sick of the constant nausea, and it just felt like I would feel better if I could just throw up and get it over with! Anyway, how you get to feeling better. Like Now. Like I always said, the good thing about all that nastiness is that you get a baby at the end of it!!!:)

Unknown said...

ooopss. that was s'posed to be *hope* not *how*

Shirley said...

Good morning, Brit, thank the Lord you're better. Thanks for sharing the Christmas pictures. Every thing is beautiful and in my favorite color! When I first saw the pic of the mantle I thought I was looking at the front door. ..ha! Funny me!
Glad you feeling better and you are getting in the Christmas spirit. Love you lots

GLOANN said...

So glad to see your post and know that you are feeling some better. Have been praying for you daily. Your decorations and your living room are beautiful.

RicKaren said...

Love all your decor and I am so glad you are back! I missed you! And do I need to say again, that I TOTALLY know how you are/were feeling!?!?!

Unknown said...

Looks like it's out of a magazine! Beautiful!

Robbie said...

Love the new living room and your Christmas decorations You sure know how to work it! So glad you are feeling better. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Karen said...

Brittany, my first visit. I followed the trail over from Beatrice Banks. I do hope the sickness goes away soon. I have enjoyed looking at your style of decorating. Love your tree & mantel. But, especially loved looking at your photography skills. I am just beginning to play with my new camera. Lots to learn :) Have a wonderful Christmas. A precious family!

Cindy said...

Hello Brittany,
I have been watching every day for a post from you. I have been praying for you and that little one, praying that you will be well soon and that the little one is healthy and happy in there.
Your living room is so gorgeous! It's amazing what paint can do and your wt's are beautiful! Your fireplace and tree are lovely and that window, too.
You haven't lost your touch, when you do get to decorate you live up to your usual standard, which is pretty high.:)
Love, smiles and prayers,
Cidny

Katieannsmama said...

So excited to see a post from you--I've missed your beautiful decorating ideas so much! So excited for your new baby! Ours is coming along too, less than 8 weeks to go! We can't wait! Hope you and your family have a beautiful Christmas!

Pamela said...

Oh my...I know how miserable it it. My daughter is expecting #4 and she's been sick for 8 months. 1 to go! I hope your baby cooperates soon. Ha!

Your living room "decking" is beautiful.

RicKaren said...

I awarded you a Stylish Blogger award. Details on my blog. I hope you get many new visitors to this special blog.