Thursday, September 2

Thrifty Treasures...

Wanna see some things I found last weekend? Our first stop was an estate sale in an old victorian house. I didn't think I'd actually find anything I could afford - I just wanted to see the inside of the house! But I was pleasantly surprised to find this old washstand complete with the pitcher and basin, marked 20.00. As I was looking it over, the lady said I could have it for 15! I love the candle holders each side of the mirror. 
It looks so sweet in the guest room.

Then we went to a Salvation Army Thrift Store that I hadn't been to in years. They had LOTS of treasures! I made it a point to check in more often :) I grabbed this old window for 2$.
I still need to clean it up a little.

I also found these vintage books, from a set of classics. I asked how much, and she said take all 3 for 50 cents! When I got home, I looked inside and found that they were from 1857. Cool.
I may go back and see if I can scrounge up some more of them!

Then I found this vintage sewing machine table, with the old machine still in it, marked 7$.
I'd been needing something for this spot ever since I moved the previous sewing machine table to the guest room. I'm toying with the idea of painting it a fun color, turquoise maybe?  I just realized that I now have 3 of these old sewing tables, but really, they make great end tables, and nightstands! 

Then at the big Thrift Store, I got this big old lamp, in all of it's brassy glory for a whopping 4$.
I've already done a makeover on it, and I'm LOVING it! I'll show it to you tomorrow, so stay tuned! 


Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooooh you truly did find some treasures. I especially love the wash basin stand. GORGEOUS!!

RicKaren said...

Awesome treasures!!!!

Simply LKJ said...

Great finds! I have some free time tomorrow, finally...might have to do some thrifty shopping myself!

Charity said...

What a great washstand!!! Wow! I'm loving it! Love all the other finds as well. The table will be so cute when you are done I'm sure! I can't wait to see the lamp redo... guess I'd better get FOF up! :)

Holly said...

I saved your blog post for last so I could read every word. Sappy I know, but I'm a big fan! Maybe you could post a fun section on the how-to or even journal a step-by-step process on how these treasures jump from the piles junk at the store and into your arms. We need help with the how-to's. Ta Ta for now...