The great operation-brighten-up-the-living-room is in full swing and I'm having a grand old time. (I told you I wouldn't be able to make it till Spring!) I'm trying to make it less formal and stuffy, and more casual and cottagey.
First stop, the coffee table. Wanna sneak peak?
I think the game pieces give sort of a "hey-y'all-come-play-some-games" feel to it. It looks a lot less stuffy than the formal arrangement of red flowers. The fact that the red flowers reeeeally needed dusted had nothing to do with it. Promise.
Moving on.
Remember the old brassy lamp?
Here she is today! (Also sneak peak #2!)
I loooove paint. Now it looks pretty and restful, and not a bit bold and brassy.
(I used some clean metal primer first, then finished her off with 2 coats of Krylon Dover White gloss. I really like the dover white, it's somewhere between white and cream.)
I'm ashamed to confess that this innocent little lamp gave me the willie-nillies. I got it all painted up and was so excited to try it out. I put in a bulb, plug her up, and I'm putting the shade on it, and it just randomly comes on and goes back off again, on and off, on and off...weird.
Hmmm...scratches head...
Come to find out (Really it didn't take me very long to figure it out...Seriously. You can stop laughing...) it's a touch lamp, and every time I bumped it, it came on :) So not only is it pretty, it's convenient! I think that calls for a happy dance! And something chocolate...
Linking up with Chari's Finished Object Friday!

12 comments:
Well, Brittany, you gave me a good chuckle with that 'on-off' lamp. I love the Scrabble greeting. How clever! I love all your changes...really like all the white stuff on the chest with the lamp.
the tray arrangement looks delightful. So sweet :) all the white against the dark wood looks stuning!
~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"
Love the lamp!
I LOVE love love the new lamp. And the touch lamp story made me giggle. That's so something I would do. I'm about to start doing "something" with my living room/dining room soon too. It is so blah, just needs "something"...As soon as I figure it out I plan to brighten her up, so I look to you for inspirations :)
How did you know I was laughing? :) I love the lamp and the new living room look!! So pretty and light. Of course you couldn't wait that long!
PS~ You're really making me want to paint a lamp....
Love all the white. I keep thinking I want to do something like that.
Brittany! You have done it again! I love the coffee table arrangement and I really adore that lamp! It is SO lovely. Love the touch lamp story, your blog is still the best!
I'm back from our vacation now, so I will work on getting something in the mail to you.
Hugs, Cindy
I have been out for a while and have missed your posts. You always post the prettiest things. So clever and cute! I wanna cottage like yours some day!!
Loved this post, Brittany! Thanks for the laugh. By the way, I love all of the white. Gonna have to try out that color/shade of white.
Hi, I was just wondering where you got your primer and hot much it costs... I LOVE how the lamp turned out and I want to try it myself =)
I got the primer from Walmart, but I've seen it at Home Depot too - I believe it's by Rustoleum, it's called Clean Metal Primer. I LOVE how it works! It's around 3$ a can. Have fun with your project!
Post a Comment