Thursday, September 9

The Good, The Bad, and The Dirty.

The real life of a DIYer isn't all pretty little projects and perfectly staged photos. To get to the good, you gotta go through the bad. And the dirty. The very dirty. 
This is how I spent my last weekend. Oh yeah. Sanding years of gunk from the top of my dining room table.
I just decided I won't be going into the furniture refinishing business. I vowed that before I did this again, I would BUY a new table! (from craigslist, of course!) Not my cup 'o tea. But I think I will be pretty happy with it once it's all done! I still have the 2 leaves to go, then I can put the poly on the whole thing. I wouldn't expect any finished product pics any time in the very near future. Right now I have to get over the sanding-arm-itus. Groan...

I just thought that I was dirty, all covered in gunky varnish slime and sanding dust. Until I found these all over the dining room floor. Hmmm...I'm thinking it's time Carson had a bath!
I caught the dirty little culprit, (but not before he'd successfully left his "stamp" on everything in the house...) and stuck him in the tub, being careful to dump in a few cups of extra bubbles. As cute as these little piggy prints are, I can only deal with so much dirt. So the whole house got a good scrub down. Again. And I'll prolly have to go through the same thing all over again tomorrow. Ah, the joys of BOYS!!!


Photobucket

6 comments:

Unknown said...

We had to do that with Arilynn's dresser! NOT FUN!!!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

I do not have that kind of patience. More power to you! I love the little footprint. Precious! You know the saying, they walk on our toes now but on our hearts later. Some day you'll long for those little footprints!

Simply LKJ said...

A lot of hard work, but you'll love it when done! Can't wait to see the after pics. Cute photo of the little "piggies".

Charity said...

Whew! That was hard work! I love the little foot picture too! So cute. :)

Leah said...

I have several projects like this building up while we work on this house remodel. I may need some guidance come time to tear into them. Anxious to see your finished product.

Unknown said...

LOL...love the little footprints glad you found the culprit!