Monday, August 30

Curb Appeal. Phase 1

I've been painting again. (GASP!) I'm sure that's a real shocker for ya. But this time it's outside. The old parsonage was needing some help in the curb appeal department.

Here's the before. Because I can't hardly write a post without throwing in a "before"...

And where there's a "before", there must be an "after".
(Just don't look at the flower beds. That's phase 2.)
Look closely at the glider. I have a visitor.

Do you see her? How about now?
Meet Rosie, our neighbor's pooch. It's a nice set-up, actually. She belongs to the neighbors, but she seems to prefer our porch. Perhaps our chairs are more comfy? So she eats at her house, then spends the rest of her time guarding our house. Besides, now her adorable little puppy spends a lot of time here, too.



He's so totally irresistibly sweet. Even if he does rearrange the porch furniture and chew on my pillows...

How about another "before"? 
The floor and bricks were painted burgundy many years ago, and have long since faded to a lovely purple.


And of course, the after.

Here's hoping the new tan color will last better than the burgundy. It's actually quite a bit darker than it looks in these pics - I'll blame it on the bright sunshine.
Notice my spray painted planters? I think they look pretty good with our new house number plaque.(Available at Home Depot if anybody's wondering.) Now I need to find something to hang on the door. Funny how a little paint (and quite a hefty portion of elbow grease...) can perk up a tired house! 


Photobucket

10 comments:

RicKaren said...

Looks awesome! For the door, may I suggest...do I dare...*whisper* Fall? :)

So Sunny Day said...

What a difference! Love the fabrics on your chairs and glider.

~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Simply LKJ said...

That sure made a difference...brightened the whole house up! The puppies are sweet.

Unknown said...

Looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Your porch is so pretty and you've decorated it wonderfully! Your little guests are adorable!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

This makes me want to sit on your porch. So inviting! And Rosie really adds that comfort of home feeling.

Shirley said...

The porch looks so inviting. The sleeping dog completes the peaceful scene. He's so cute.

Cindy said...

It is so beautifully, CHARMING! I am in love with your porch, I just want to sit on the glider swing and pet the neighbors dog. We are blessed with a neighbor's dog who protects our property, too. You did a great job on the porch and the color looks lovely!
Hugs, Cindy S

Liz said...

Without gushing at all, I'd like to say, YOU ARE AMAZING! I found myself daydreaming that you'd just happen thru Oklahoma City with nothing to do for a week! I love the porch - been wishing to spruce mine up, but I'm just so busy having babies! Ha!

Unknown said...

Big improvement. I especially love the planters in place of the garbage bin hehe. Everything is so inviting and cozy. I could read there all afternoon and drink lemonaid :)