Happy Friday Y'all!
Are you sick of my office yet? Good, because that's where we're going. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I painted it again. Yep. It's a sickness. The "faded silk" color was a beautiful color, just not in that room. There's Ze.Ro. natural light in there, and the color just kept getting darker and darker. I lightened it up with Sherwin Williams "rainwashed". It's officially my new fave. Sometimes it looks blue, other times it looks green, and then sometimes it looks gray, and I love it everytime.
But, on to my finished object! I've been meaning to do something about this ugly doorway for evah...

I love how it draws your eye to the pretty curtain, and away from the pathetic walls and stairs in the hallway behind it. (We'll get to that eventually.)
I've had this little hutch ever since we got married (that's soon to be 12 years!). It's making a super duper office supplies cabinet.
I dug this clock out of the neighbor's trash. Yeah, I am THAT lady...
And I can always find a spot for more hydrangeas!
I found these old paper trays at the thrift store for 69 cents apiece. And I loved the old stamper holder, even though I don't have a single stamp to put in it...
Here's the desk side once again with the new paint color. You know, I really should write something on the chalkboard...
So that's my almost finished office! Now, if I can just get my sweetie to rip out that old dilapidated ceiling fan and hang up this sweet little number,

I'll be one happy gal!
~Linking up with Chari's Finished Object Friday~

11 comments:
Oh I love all the sweet soft toouches in your office. Where did you get the chandelier? It;s beautiful!
~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"
Love it! And...I want that hutch!! I'll send you my address! :)
Hi Brittany! Oh, your office looks so nice and what a great idea to put up the curtain! Love your little wedding hutch and the chandy will just make your room.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Beautiful! I love the curtain! and the new color. :) Here's hoping you get the new light up soon... (Hi, Dave!!) :)
Oh, and I am visualizing a reading nook on that ledge... is it wide enough? I can't really tell. With a cushion, maybe it would be a great place for the boys to read... when they can sit still long enough. :) But of course, I would be the one seeing a reading nook, right? :)
Very nice! I wish I could come up with ideas like this for my house!
Emily, I got the chandy from amazon, but I've also seen them at Hobby Lobby. I got this one because you can either hardwire it in, or it also has a plug, so you can use it as a swag lamp and plug it into an outlet :) So I can still use it as a lamp until my hubby has time to wire her up for me.
Chari~ I really wish I could use that ledge for a reading nook! It's totally been a trial to me, trying to figure out what to do with it! It's about waist high (too tall for a seat) and not deep enough for a bench or anything. I've thought about book shelves, but they would be pretty hard to get to. But it definitely needs to be made into something useful!
Brittany, I'm nothing if not persistent (or stubborn....) You could have a reading "loft." With a little step stool. The boys would love that! I know I would have (or just forget the past tense. I WOULD love it!) They might even want to read, just for the chance to sit up there. Don't they like to climb? I seem to remember something about shelves and sand.... heehee!
Brittany,
I love the new paint color. And the addition of the swagged drape. I too can see a comfy reading nook!
Very cute. Love the colour too :)
Absolutely wonderful! You are very talented.
Thanks,
Valerie
www.thecutecouponer.blogspot.com
What a great color! I will check that one out, I need a nice color for a project. Your little office looks so pretty and feminine, and very chic! The burlap makes a lovely curtain.
Hugs, Cindy S
Post a Comment