Tuesday, May 4

Dining Room Goes Neutral - Phase 1

First of all, thanks to you all for sending in your votes!
It was a very close race between "A" and "B"...

so I chose...

"C".

Yep. After all that, I decided to just mix the two.

Several mentioned the flowers, and then others liked the chalkboard, so I used both of those and a little metal container I picked up at Hobby Lobby. And you know what? Y'all rock, because I like it this way better than both the others :) What would I do without you all to make up my mind for me?!
So now,
on to other parts of the dining room.
I'm getting really tired of the toile panels. I know, I know, I just put them up 6 months ago...
But I've used that fabric for the past 6 years. Really. I'm ready for a more neutral palette. (Don't I sound all fancy using words like palette?! Shoot...folks round here would be like "Say what?") Besides, I just realized that I have panels is every. room. of. my. house. barring the kitchen and bath. Can you say RUT? It's time to shake things up a bit, no?
So here's the dining room before...
And then here are a few inspiration photos I gathered off the internet.
LOVE this one...
(Yeah, I know it's not a dining room, but still I love the white)
Did you notice a trend? Check out the window treatments. They're perfect. And simple. That's what got me to thinkin'.
So, I pulled down the pink toile panels,
got back on the old beastly sewing machine,
and created some faux Roman shades of my own.
They could stand to be a touch wider, but I'm still pretty happy with them. It's a nice change. I also added some linen panels to the buffet in an effort to hide some clutter. It worked :)

Now, on to Phase 2...
It may take awhile. I need to refinish my table.
Anybody wanna help?
Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE it!! Love all the white. Probably going to have to wait at least til the babies are out of high chairs before I go with that much white though :) But I love it. It's just so fresh and clean.

Anonymous said...

That one change made a huge difference in the look of your DR! It looks great, girl, your palette is SO clean and classy looking! (Did I use the word right? LOL!) If where you live was closer to where I live, I would definitely come over and help you.
And I love what you decided to go with on that sideboard. It looks great~
Hugs, Cindy S

Stacey said...

They look great! Does it make the room seem bigger to not have panels? I've wondered about that because I have panels everywhere too.

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Nice change! Loving the all neutral palette.

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Brittany! You have won my blue giveaway! *Smiles*

Please email me your mailing address this evening and I will ship your box tomorrow okay. Thank you for entering and I do hope you like your goodies. I do think everything is precious and should fit right in with your home decor'.

Your dining room looks beautiful! You really made a great choice by mixing the two. Pretty!

My email address is listed at the top of my blog underneath my header. I look forward to hearing from you.

~Blessings & Enjoy! ~Melissa :)