I have a major weakness for old stuff.
I guess you could call me a junk junkie.
I like to have things around me that could tell a story.
And this vintage train case and suitcase set was just too big a temptation.
It was love at first sight.
And the hydrangeas, well, they just make it that much sweeter. Besides, what a perfect way to fill that blank spot in the fireplace!
I've made a few other little changes in the bedroom...
We put away the down comforter and brought out the summer comforter. (After we near roasted to death with the warmer weather...) Not only is it cooler, but the ruffles are just too cute, and it is SO soft. Makes it really hard to get up in the morning.
And I just thought I'd throw in this shot of the sitting area. What is it about old wicker chairs? They get me every time!

6 comments:
so good to know there are other junk junkies out there. Us junk junkies need to stick together and remind each other how "green" we are being by repurposing and using old treasures instead of always buying new.
Blessings
Roxanne
Oooh...what a find, and it is just perfect for that spot. I love it!
I love the suitcase trunk look, It add so much character. I really enjoy your blog. I could use you to give me some ideas to our home since we have moved. :}
You and I must have the same style. Everything you do is so perfect! in my must humble opinion. I love old train cases too. I have two. What is a home without lovely old things that have a history? I so adore them.
Hugs, Cindy S
I love old suitcases! (and old chairs and old books....) Those look so cute there. :) ...the perfect touch!
Everything is really pretty and full of character Brittany! I love the suitcases and flower combo. I would have never thought to do that and it looks amazing.
Thanks for coming by and your kind words about my new blog design. I do appreciate it very much. :)
Post a Comment