Friday, April 30

FOF - Ruffled Burlap Runner

After much fighting,
frustration,
a little praying...
I've come to the bitter conclusion that,

My sewing machine hates me. It really does.

I'll spare you the gory details of the struggle, and just say that I did come out victorious.
My project turned out better than I had hoped in spite of it all, and I'm willing to make peace with the little beast. At least till the next time.


I think my burlap runner turned out looking pretty sweet, if I do say so myself :)
But I have another problem. (This is where you come in.)
I can't decide which accessories look best.
Here is vignette A:
And then here is Vignette B:
Let me bring it in a little closer for ya...
What's your pick? Or do they both look dorky? Perhaps you have other suggestions?
I'm trying to get more of a summer feel with the sand and seashells, and neutral colors. The burlap was just the touch I was looking for, I love the texture of it.

I'm linking up with Chari's Finished Object Friday Party. Don't miss it.

Happy weekend!!
Photobucket

13 comments:

Holly said...

I pick B and here is why: The lamps are tall and thin, so when you stick the frame and the shell, they look chunky and out of proportion. Whereas, the taller pot of flowers, lowers the lamps visually. Anyway, I love it. It reminds me of some of the stuff at Crate and Barrel, Mom and I saw the other day, or was it Pottery Barn. LOL You can tell I never shop there:)

Anonymous said...

They both look great, but I like vigette A best. I'd probably take away the hurricane vases with moss-covered rocks though. I love the song verse written in your frame. One of my favorite songs!

Melissa said...

Love the runner. I think I agree with Holly, I kinda like B better than A. But it's your house decorate the way you want, that's what I do.

Simply LKJ said...

Brittany,
1st...I adore the new burlap runner (now, if "I" could only figure out how to sew ruffles).
2nd...I like A, however I would move the lamps out further to the ends of the buffet, and do away with the hurricanes (or move them in closer with something more beachy besides the moss). I like that you eye moves through the different heights rather than straight across with B and the taller vase.

Charity said...

Very pretty!! I love the runner! (and the ruffles on the ends!) :) I like B a little more - though both are pretty. I love the flowers - they really look summery to me. :)

Contemplating Cadie said...

Great job on your runner!

Melissa Miller said...

Brittany your new runner is precious! Love the ruffles.

I am leaning towards "A". The sweet sign has stolen my heart. Beautiful job! :)

Anonymous said...

B

Anonymous said...

They both look great (not dorky), but I think A is my favorite! And your runner is GORGEOUS! I can't find that kind of burlap, what I found is very heavy, coarse and stinky. You did good!
Hugs, Cindy S

Unknown said...

Love B, but I'm a sucker for daisies! (Makes it look more summer...)

trish said...

Your burlap runner looks so pretty! You did a beautiful job!
As for which looks best, oh boy, I really like them both. Especially the hymn you have on your little chalk board. It is one of my favorites. :o)
Happy Sunday.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Anonymous said...

I luuuuv everything that you do, and the runner is no exception. I vote for B. You definitely do not need my help decorating, but since you asked, here's my two cents worth:

1) Glue $ Tree candlesticks to the vases to give them more height.
2) Add a white number to the black pitcher, either with paint or vinyl.
3) Drape a tiny doily (or other small piece of material) in/over metal basket.
4) Place the metal basket on top of something (maybe a thin book) to make it higher.
5) Add something small in front of the basket.(keys, a tiny bird, single daisy stem, clothes pins, antique eyeglasses, etc).

My motto is layer, layer, layer. (My husband says clutter, clutter, clutter.)

Whatever you do, it will be beautiful, as always!

Tammy in Winfield, AL

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

The runner is adorable. I love the little chalkboard sign with Tis so sweet...Needed that message today. Then I scrolled on down to your previous post. You are a beautiful lady! I love white skirts too. Your pink ruffly blouse along with the shoes are just darling! Have a happy week.