Saturday, April 10

Y'all are my heros.


Let me just say how awesome you all are! I LOVED your suggestions for lightening up my living room mantel. Talk about immediate inspiration! I couldn't wait to try some of your ideas...

I'll refresh you with the very February before :
And the much lighter "after" :

I loved the hydrangea idea, I'm always ready to use more hydrangeas! LOVE 'em. I also added a burlap ribbon to the brass urn, changed the fall photo to a more springy photo, removed the black welcome sign and faux ivy, and I just couldn't stop without adding my little birdie friends.
I found these springy thingies at Wal Mart, then added a sage green ribbons to dress them up.

It feels much more light and fresh now.
So what do you think? Is it getting there?

Ya know, I might should ask you guys what to do with the REST of the room...
Photobucket

11 comments:

Andrea said...

It looks GREAT!! :)

Contemplating Cadie said...

Wow! I read the last post and had the same ideas as the others...but to see how quickly and beautifully you incorporated the ideas... is AWESOME!

Way to go, it's gorgeous! I don't know what the rest of the room looks like but I would carry on with replacing the warm colored accessories with creams. Then this fall you will be so excited to pull out those beautiful reds again!

Simply LKJ said...

You are good girl! It looks fabulous, and you did it so quickly. I too am loving hydrangeas and birdies right now. Great job!!

Sandra said...

The white and green really do brighten up the mantel and the little birdies say spring.

Anonymous said...

I likey!
Karen

Unknown said...

Very nice!

Unknown said...

LOVE it!! And it just wouldn't be spring without birds!

Shirley said...

I like it. Let me think, how many mantels are in that house? You are going to be a busy girl!
Holly and I were in some flea-markets this morn and were commenting of how you would walk in there and see so many possibilities. We walked out empty handed and said, "What a bunch of Junk!" In other words, we appreciate your cleverness.

Ronda said...

So pretty! Awesome blog and beautiful decorating! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Brittany! It looks gorgeous!!! I really love it now, you are good at this!

Hugs, Cindy S

Melissa Miller said...

Brittany this looks beautiful! The new spring look for your mantel is just perfect for your home decor'.

*Blessings & Smiles* ~Melissa :)