The Nester is having a mantel party, so I thought I'd join in just for kicks.
I can't tell you how much I'm loving having a mantel in our bedroom. I big fat pouffy heart this old fireplace...
You know I love me some birds :)
The nest of eggs in the little wire basket adds a touch of spring.
I'm at peace with this mantel...
BUT the living room mantel needs some major lightening up.

Any Ideas?
It needs some springtime in a bad way. But the room is mostly warm dark colors, and I'm not moving the big picture. It's huge. It's heavy. And I like it. But I'm at a loss for ideas on accessories for the mantel that would make it more springy. Oh, and whatever I do has to fit in the budget. A very low budget. Actually free would be good. Hmmm...guess I'll be shopping the house...

11 comments:
Love the birds!
I love the look of your wooden fireplace with all the white accents! I also have a thing for tweetie birds!...
Brittany I was asked this very question on a recent post. It is a hard one since pastels don't usually mix well with the reds and darker colors. Try using warm neutrals or a sage green. I think that work for you to lighten it up. It's gorgeous as is though!
Your other mantel is stunning! Love the birds and it's fresh airy quality. Great job!
Many blessings my friend. ~Melissa :)
PS I joined the party too! Come by if you can.
Brittany,
Love the all white/cream mantel. A couple suggestions for the other:
Change out your candles to white/ivory.
Swap the red roses for white/ivory roses or peonies (very spring). You could even run a pretty satin or burlap ribbon through the handles of the planters.
Swap the darker frame on the family pic with a lighter one, maybe with an Easter picture.
L.O.V.E. that is all I have to say!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your mantle. so lovely and I'm so with you on the birdie love :)
~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"
I was thinking about your second mantel. How about swapping out the red candles for little nests {could probably find these for super cheap right now} with cream /brown speckled eggs. Cream/white colored flowers in the urns. Swap out the black welcome sign with a Cream/white sign or maybe make some blocks that spell out a spring-ish word. Maybe a garland across the front pinned on either end and once in the middle. {ragmuffin, paper poppies, burlap and ribbon - just some ideas} Ok enough of my jabbering, I hope you post the after pics!
~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"
I think it's beautiful just the way it is Brittany, but if you really want to change it, maybe just add some cream or white candles and some Hydrangeas.
xoxo,
Kim
Your bedroom mantle is so gorgeous! I adore it. The LR mantle, I was going to suggest that you take out the red flowers and candles and add ivory/white like someone else suggested. The greenish hydrangeas would look lovely there, too. Just lighten it up as much as you can with ivory, I think. Take out the faux ivy too, maybe, it's too dark. It is very beautiful, though, I must say. You are a very talented gal. Hugs, Cindy S
Your mantel is so CUTE...thanks for sharing it!
Blessings,
Linda
You know I love your decorating!! :) Great suggestions for your LR mantel! what about using a cream urn filled with branches with spring blossoms - real or faux? You could make the flowers out of scrapbook paper ...do you like butterflies? They are 'springy.'
Don't forget to give us a peek when you're finished :)
Have a great weekend!
I love both your mantles just the way they are. :P
Guess I'm no help eh. But I really love burgundy and I don't think it's too heavy but you could add some more ivory/cream in there if you like
Post a Comment