Monday, April 19

Bamboo Blinds ~ On a Budget.

I've had my heart totally set on bamboo shades for the den. The budget, on the other hand, has been totally against it. Have you priced those things?! Sorry, Home Depot, but I am SO not paying 100 buckaroos for 3 shades. Not happening.

So just imagine my delight when I found these at Big Lots. For $7 each!

Looks WAY better than those ordinary old white mini blinds. I love the extra texture they add to the room - definitely a beachy feel!
I got all 3 for less than 25 bucks!
(Ooohh...notice my impressive math skills...)
Just to prove how cheap I am, I'll let you in on a dirty little secret...
I get Coastal Living magazines from the THRIFT STORE, people! Ye-ahh...I am THAT cheap. Hey, they may not be the most up to date edition, but they're only 3o cents apiece! I could find that much in the dryer...
Photobucket

16 comments:

Melissa said...

The blinds looks great, you would never know they were not the expensive ones. I never thought to look at Big Lots for something like that. Now I need to plan a shopping trip, sure wish I lived closer to civilization(a shopping center).

Contemplating Cadie said...

Love the look! I actually used outdoor matchstick blinds for our house...it was the only way I could afford them and they looked great! Next time I'm in the city to Big Lots I go!

Charity said...

Very cute!! Gotta love Big Lots! :)

TidyMom said...

you know, I saw those the other day and worried about how'd they look......now I'm heading back!! thanks so much!! they look BEAUTIFUL in your home!!

Anonymous said...

Your blinds are amazing, they look so great and really add a finished look to the room! Good for you! Pastor's wives have to be creative, that's how we live on a Pastor's wage. Hugs, Cindy S

Simply LKJ said...

They look fabulous! You would never know the difference, especially since the rest of the room looks so "expensive"...you did such a beautiful job with the room Brittany!

Andrea said...

They are perfect! I've found some great decor items at BL!!
Isn't it a great feeling to getting something finished just the way you want it?!

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

What great finds! :) And that price, you can't beat that! You have a beautiful home, and I've really enjoyed looking around your blog!
Blessings,
Stacey

Unknown said...

They look just the expensive ones!! I've got to learn to shop like you!

Melissa Miller said...

~WOW! What gorgeous bamboo blinds Brittany! This really created the coastal feel you were looking for. Beautifully done! :)

Julie said...

They look fabulous! Our Big lots left town. I so miss them. Your room is great!

Jennifer said...

Very pretty. I love your room. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute! Did you make the curtains?~Kristi

Brittany said...

Thanks y'all! I'm really enjoying them.
Kristi, I didn't make the curtains, but I found them at Wal-Mart. 2 panels in a pack for 16 bucks, I thought that was a pretty good deal! Especially since I didn't have to sew anything :)

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Those shades are the bomb! Going to keep that in mind. I've always worried about the ease of pulling them up and down for privacy. I love the look of yours! Very pretty. Also, thanks for leaving those kind words of encouragement today. I really needed that! ~Tammy

Liz said...

Goin' to Big Lots! I was telling a friend that I'm wanting to go for a beach cottage look in our master bedroom and she told me about your blog! How fun to come and find inspiration! I'm a pastor's wife too - in OKC. Would love to meet you sometime, but till then I'll enjoy your blog!