Friday, January 22

And now...the REST of the story...


WooHoo!!! Our bedroom is finally FINISHED!
Here's the before shot.
And after 2 gallons of "quiet rain"...
Before shot of the window side...
And after.
I know that's an absolutely pathetic photo...but I can't for the life of me get a decent shot of windows in the daytime, and I'm too impatient to wait till evening.

Here's the other side of the room.
It's my happy place.

Oh look - there's my 35.00 craigslist special dresser.


And I was really happy with how this shelf turned out. It was dark brown before I got ahold of it. I just love all the pretty details in it. I think the birdie likes it, too.
Whew! One more room crossed off the list -hApPy DaNcE!!

I had originally planned to share some Valentine's projects for Finished Object Friday today, but.... I never got them done. But Chari got hers done! So go check it out - it's "sweet"!

16 comments:

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Hello! I blog hopped on over here, and have to tell you what a lovely transformation you made on your bedroom! Love the color you chose, it looks so peaceful and restful. Of course, I love the birdie candle holders too! Everything looks beautiful! It was nice to "meet" you!
Blessings,
Stacey

Andrea said...

I'm wiping drool off of my keyboard! HA
I love all of it! Love how you used the pedastal as a little side table!
I sure can see why this is your happy space!

Robbie said...

Love it! Absolutely beautiful. So comfy and peaceful. Love how you decorate.

Unknown said...

Wow I am speechless Your room is a dream, such a lovely retreat. I pray it is filled with love and many happy romantic memories. :)

Daisy said...

I hope you don't mind me commenting. I found your blog quite awhile ago, and take a peek at it every now and again. I just wanted to tell you that you did a terrific job on your bedroom! It's very, very nice.

Cindy said...

Wow, you have done a ton of work there! Hard to believe it is the same room. That is one of the best before and afters I have ever seen.

Simply LKJ said...

Brittany...you have outdone yourself! WOW!! That belongs in a magazine. It is sooo peaceful. I love the little pedestal side table as well (might have to steal that idea), and the shelf is amazing!! I hope to transform our master bedroom soon from dark to light and airy.

Melissa Miller said...

Brittany congrats on the beautiful new bedroom decor'. Wonderful job!

Charity said...

It's beautiful!! So peaceful. I love that shelf too.

Shirley said...

Hey, Britt, I left a note the other day but it's not here. Must have goofed it up..so what else is new with me? Anyway, I just want to say that your bedroom has my name on it and when you're finished with it,,please give it to me!?! It's so beautiful! I know you work hard but your do such a good job. It sure does pay off. I love the sweet birdies!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful bedroom. I love it.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!
Karen

Angie said...

I can see why you love it because it is BEAUTIFUL!!! I would love to spend each night in there!

Kim said...

NO WAY! This is your room???? It looks like a page out of BHG! A fireplace? You are so lucky girl! I have bedroom envy.
xoxo
Kim

Simply Domestic said...

WOW!! This room doesn't even look the same. It is so beautiful! You truly have a gift. Your photography is beautiful, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh my what a pretty bedroom transformation! Love the colors you chose! Bet you are enjoying it!