Thursday, January 21

Decorating on a dime...

...Ok, so make that a dollar. But really, what can you get for a dime these days? I get pretty excited when I find pretties for a dollar! Like these little bird tea light holders from Dollar Tree.
I had to get me a handful of them...
And now they're all scattered around in our bedroom...
They look cute anywhere! And they would have looked even cuter had the author had enough sense to light the candles prior to taking the photographs. Note to self...

Then I found this beauty at the Thrift store for 99 cents! What? It's NOT a beauty?
Well, let's just fix it up, K?
Ahhh. Love it. Love it.
It shabbied right up! And it looks right at home hanging in the dining room.
It's amazing what a buck can do!

8 comments:

Charity said...

Cute, cute!! I love the picture! ...and the birds! :)

Simply LKJ said...

Love the birds! And the frame turned out great...looks so much better "shabby". LOL

Melissa said...

Love the birds. I just ordered a new blue comforter and was thinking birds would look neat with it. I think I hear Dollar Tree calling my name, too bad it is such a drive to get there.

philben5 said...

I too puchased some of these precious little t-light holders as well as gave them to my "girls night out club" for Christmas. They reminded me of a sparrow...which then reminded me of the scripture verse of the sparrow...which then reminded me of the old hym..His eye is on the sparrow. So I wrapped each one of them up in clear plastic sacks with shredded sheet music to "His eye is on the sparrow" and attached the scripture verse to it as well. Made amazing gifts and all for a $1.00. My friends loved them.
Blessings
Roxanne

Connie Snodgrass said...

I used to go to thrift stores to look for jean skirts and clothes I could fix up for the girls. Now I just go to the "junk" section, thanks to you. :) I haven't had anything knock me over yet, so next time you go "thrifting" in B'ham, give me a ring, and let me tag along!

Unknown said...

You sure do have a knack for decorating! Love your pretties :)

Shirley said...

Brittany, what can I say?...that bedroom has my name on it! I love it! It all came together so nicely. Thank you for the virtual tour.

TidyMom said...

GORGEOUS!!!.....can you tell me what white paint you use?