Wednesday, January 27

LOVE is in the air!

My house is starting to look like Cupid's been in here...
But I LOVE (hehe, no pun intended...) to decorate for Valentine's Day! Or maybe I just like having an excuse to use some pink...
I finally dug down into my scrap stash and made this Valentine's banner. Don't know why I put it off so long - it only took a jiffy to make!
And now every time I walk through the dining room, I have a strange urge to sing "His banner over me is love..."

This little group is in the hallway...which is a project in the works right now. I'm in the process of painting a couple of miles worth of paneling in the hall. (OK, give or take a few inches...) And it's S.L.O.W. going. But the finished parts are really inspiring me to hurry up and get 'er done! It's SOOO much brighter! Makes me HaPpY!
Here you can see part of the freshly painted crisp white wall, and in the reflection of the mirror you can see part of the very dark unfinished wall - Ye-ah, it's that dark. Well, lookie there...another one of those birds flew in here. I declare, they're gonna take over.

I've been in a major what-to-do-now-that-the-Christmas-decorations-are-gone funk. I've been waiting for a month for some inspiration to smack me in the face, but it just wasn't coming. Eventually I did grow rather weary of looking at a pathetic bare mantle....so I made myself spiff it up.
Hehe...No, you will not see a before photo. I'm not that crazy. Just trust me - it was depressing. Imagine...stray limbs from Christmas garland, a few unsightly cords, several rusty old nails, a few little army guys... Not exactly Better Homes and Gardens material.
It was indeed time to reclaim the mantle. (The army guys were forced to retreat.)
I swapped out the ornaments in the urns for some red roses. I thought it would make a nice Valentine-ish touch.
And I couldn't resist some bouquet bokeh.... hehehe.

So what are you doing to spread the love at your house?

10 comments:

Charity said...

Very pretty! I love the banner... they are fun to make! (and now that song is going in my head. Thanks.) :) The mantle looks pretty too!

Maresa said...

Love the big picture above the mantel. I love those kinds of pictures and I continue to love your blog.

Unknown said...

I don't think I've ever decorated for Valentine's day before but I love what you've done!

Anonymous said...

I probably won't do valentine's decorating. I just like to do a nice dinner and a cake or brownies. But your Valentine's day decor looks great!

Shirley said...

Your banner is cute, looks nice with your dishes. I love your new blog wallpaper. It's beautiful. Looks like the hall is turning out just fine. Such an improvement!

Melissa Miller said...

Brittany your home is beautifully decorated for Valentines Day!
I just adore your mantle and your elegant and welcoming style you have used throughout. ~Gorgeous!

Thank you very much for entering my Spring giveaway! I always appreciate your kind visits to my blog. You are always welcome anytime my friend.

~Blessings, ~Melissa :)

Melissa Miller said...

I forgot to mention your blog looks soooo pretty! *Smiles*

Ronda said...

Everything looks lovely! :)

Unknown said...

Hello,
I just found your blog and went surfing! Aaaggghhh!!! I love it! It looks like we have a lot in common. We just recently moved and are in the middle of a huge mess and your decorating is giving me the itch even bigger! :)
Nice to "meet" you!

Peggy B. said...

Hi: I'm Jenny's Mom and I sent her your redo on the master bedroom. We both fell in love with your blog. Jenny went to GBS with Charity.