Wednesday, February 3

Just a little Thrifted Redo...

I'm always on the look out for chunky detailed frames, nomatter what color they are. This one was my latest Thrifty find...
I love the frame, but the painting didn't really do anything for me.
So I changed it. I seem to do that a lot...
Ahhh...Love me some pink roses.
I antiqued the frame with some green spray paint and sand paper. Then I printed the picture from my computer. I had to print it as if it were a banner, it's 2 pages long. But hey, where there's a will....
The seam isn't TOO obvious..... I hope.

I'm slowly getting more done on the remodeling project. Pictures will be forthcoming. Eventually. You ever tried to paint with a 6 year old helper who brings along his 4 year old sidekick?! Things can get a leeeetle bit interesting...

Photobucket

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi I found you through Always Nesting and am truly amazed of all the great things you do. Where did you find that picture online? I love it! Nancy from OHIO

Unknown said...

Wow I love what you did with it!! Gorgeous! And I can't see the seam from here ;)

Shirley said...

I love it. Where did you hang it? Hall, maybe?

Brittany said...

Hi, Nancy! It's nice to "meet" you :) The picture was an image I've had saved on my computer - don't have a clue where I found it. Thanks for dropping by, you're welcome anytime!

Mom (in-law), I did hang it in the hall - right by my girly desk! You're a good guesser...or else you just know me really well :) I'll show pics of the whole space once I get it all finished.

Unknown said...

I love chunky frames too! (They're like me! LOL) I found a bunch @ 1/2 off day @ Goodwill, but not sure where they've disappeared to since we moved!

Charity said...

Wow! I'm lovin' it! hmmm... I think I'm getting the itch to thrift! :)

Kim said...

Oh Brittany - what a vision you had for that picture! I can't believe you printed that off of your computer. And I would've snatched that frame up in a heartbeat!
xoxo,
Kim

Anonymous said...

That frame is a great find. Those kinds of frames brand new are soo expensive! Great Job

Anonymous said...

What a great re-do! The white paint changes the frame completely, it is really gorgeous! The picture in it is just so perfect! I have been wanting something like that for a long time, you make it look so easy. Hugs, Cindy S

Sandra said...

What a great transformation! I think you did a great job!
Sandra