Ok. So there's a seriously huge amount of photos in this post. I'll admit it - I have issues. But I just LOVE. THIS. ROOM!
And the little tree is so silvery and sparkly and fun!
I just have to show a close up of some of the ornaments, because you can't see how cute they are in the bigger picture... Iknow, I know...snowflakes have Nothing. Zero. Nadda. to do with the beach. But the colors match....and I already had everything from last year... and I LIKE it!
I could not get a decent picture of the bow on top, I'm afraid this is as good as it gets...
Here's the other side of the room. My original plan was to paint the entertainment center white. But the more I look at it, the more I like it just the way it is. What do you think? To paint or not to paint...that always seems to be the question...
*note* - Not to stir up any controversy...but that is not a tv. We do not have a tv, nor do we ever intend to get one. We have a monitor and a DVD player/VCR for our children to watch carefully selected wholesome films. We do not want the filth of Hollywood shaping our children's minds. Just wanted to make that clear. And I'll still love you if you disagree with me. I'm just sayin'. Ok, back to the regularly scheduled program! I'm climbing down off my soap box now...
I had fun with these old built-ins...
Just thought I'd throw in a few close ups...
And I just HAD to show you this easy peasy pillow! I covered an old throw pillow with burlap. (I believe it used to be purple...) Then, using a stencil and fabric paint, painted a monogram on it in a fun curly font.
I LOVE this sailboat. Why? Because my hubby made it years ago. Isn't it the cutest thing?! He hates for me to put it on display because it isn't... gasp...finished. But I think that's what I like the most about it - it just wouldn't look the same all painted up and shiny. I wonder if I could get him to make me 5 or 6 more of them...
So do I break a record for the most starfish and seashells in a single blog post?! Somehow it takes the edge off this freezing cold weather we've been having. And I'm all for that.

9 comments:
Beautiful!! I think this is my favorite room yet. :)
All sooooooooo cute Brittany...you are an incredible decorator...can I call ya sometime for ideas? ;)
Brittany,
The room looks wonderful! Love all the colors. And, I agree...I think having one dark piece in a room is great...it anchors the room. So, I say don't paint.
Your whole house looks wonderful! I love your no TV thing, that is great. Kids are so impressionalbe and Hollywood is the last thing they need.
What I dont understand is why you feel that you have to explain yourself on your blog about no t.v. You can say what you want but you are teaching your kids that videos are o.k. Where do you think the wiggles and dora and diego and all of the wholesome videos come from? Hollywood. What comes next, thats right, your kids are not going to watch those kiddie videos forever. In my opinion, the internet is more dangerous than the t.v. and that is o.k. you can select what you watch as well.... im just saying. Jeremy.
Hi Jeremy! That's why I mentioned that I didn't wanna stir up any controversy - anyone is free to agree or disagree with me if they want. And I don't HAVE to explain myself...I just chose to because I wanted to. And I agree, the internet is just as dangerous if not more so. I guess that's why we need to be as careful as we possibly can. I'm not saying our choices are perfect, or that anyone else has to make the same choices for their family, I'm just saying that this is how we choose to live.
I'm not trying to be controversial. You just can't say that you don't allow hollywood in your home when you do. I'm not judging you or your decisions for your family. I think you are doing a wonderful job. Its hard to raise kids now days and no one is perfect. We all just have to do the best we can. Im just saying why do we accept the dangers of the internet in our homes, but the t.v. will send us to hell. It just dont add up. I'll get off my soapbox now.
Jeremy..
I agree, that room is my favorite, too, it is very warm and cozy looking. Hey, I am with you on the TV issue! Both of my grown kids do too, btw. I love your trees, have a wonderful, blessed Christmas. Hugs, Cindy S.
Brittany,
I love your room. It is beautiful. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. BTW thanks for the Christmas card.
Post a Comment