Hey y'all, welcome back to the Holiday tour!
Make yourself at home...
and come on in to my dining room...
This is definitely the largest dining room I've ever had, and I'm thrilled with it. I can actually leave BOTH leaves in the table all the time, and still have room to get around the table. So cool.
I'm also happy that the room is big enough for the buffet! It's been camping out in our bedroom because I never had room for it before.
I just finished making the curtains yesterday (why oh why do I always put off sewing??), and I am amazed at how much some simple muslin curtains can soften a room. By using cheap muslin, I was able to make each panel for less than 4 bucks.(happy dance...) It's also very light and thin which allows lots more light to come in all those windows, another big plus. The floral fabric on the top was from some old valances I had.
I had so much fun filling up the (freshly painted) china cabinet with red transferware goodies.
See?
Ah. It makes me all happy inside.
Here are a few little details scattered around...
I've had this stocking since college, but this year I spruced it up with some garland, burlap ribbon, twine, and jingle bells.
I found this big ole spoon at Goodwill for a dollar. Yep, I spray painted it.
Remember the "Shanty to Chic" sister's joy plaques? I finally found the bells, so they're finished and at home on the buffet. I'm really wanting to make a burlap runner...
Years ago, I started collecting victorian things for my Christmas tree, but the hubs HATED it. with. a. passion. So I was a good little wife and put it away for several years. But I thought it would be pretty in here, so I dug it all out again...
I mean, a girl's gotta have some pink SOMEWHERE! This house ain't ALL pistols and spurs...

9 comments:
Your dining room is even lovelier than your living room! I adore the colors, so soft and pretty. Great window coverings, isn't it nice to be able to create something for so little money?! Your Victorian tree is beautiful, too. Hugs, Cindy S.
OH MY! I heart your dining room!!! Everything looks so perfect! I've enjoyed your other rooms too!
You've got the touch!
Merry Christmas! :)
Everything is just lovely! So beautiful!
Merry Christmas!
I love it! Once again you amaze me with all you have accomplished since moving. Are you sure you don't have a group of elves hiding somewhere? LOL
If there are any elves, they are definitely HIDING! All I see around here are some little jesters...
Very pretty! I love all the red and white! and it looks so open and roomy. :)
It's so beautiful. You sure know how to make a " house a home ". Now, take a break, you've worked yourself to death. Time to play!
Oh, wow! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your transferware, and you have it displayed so beautifully in your china cabinet. The curtains are outstanding. I love the toile at the top, and your victorian tree is so pretty. I have one too in my dining room. So what if hubby's not crazy over it...you're a girl, and it's ok to like pink! :)
I'm green with envy over all your red transferware!! Better be glad I don't live closer...You might have to put locks on that china hutch!! :) Beautiful!!
Post a Comment