Monday, June 2

I Just Got to Thinking...

David always gets nervous when I say, "I just got to thinking..." Because it usually means I want to start another project. This time I just got to thinkin that my hall bathroom wallpaper really clashed with my decor, and how nice it would look if it were painted a soft gold color. Don't you think?
So without further ado, I dove right in. It turned out to be a pretty simple project, except for the fact that the first color I chose was SO wrong. It wasn't soft gold, it was sunflower yellow. You had to have on sunglasses and an SPF of at least 30 to go to the bathroom. So I chose another color, and it was just right. It turned out so pretty.
So it's not always a bad thing to get to thinking about things.
You know, I was just thinking, wouldn't this same color look nice in my kitchen?

6 comments:

Amanda said...

very beautiful! What a little bit of paint will do to a small room. I really love it. I did the sunflower yellow thing too. Ouch, so I softened mine w/ a softer yellow and used a walmart bag to "sponge" it on. It turned out fine when I finished.

Marcus and Julie said...

Very Pretty Brittany!! It looks so nice and I love the color!

Lisa said...

Looks great-I like the change! Keep workin' on your hubby for that kitchen-the color is so nice and goes with so many other colors!
Good job guys...

Trisha said...

Looks great! Lots of work though. Been there, done that. :) Have a good day! Trisha

Anonymous said...

Looks really nice! Now you need to come to my house - we are selling it and I need to repaint the living room! :-)

Amanda said...

Hi Brittany, I know this is off the subject, but I wanted to let you know I've set my blog to "invite-only". Seeing as you are one of the few that leave me coments, I thought you would like an invite. I just need your email address. Mine is mykdsmama@aol.com, email me.