Thursday, May 1

New Do

This is Jackson...

...with his beautiful silky golden hair. I loved his hair. He has the kind of hair that I always wished I had. Straight, shiny, thick, gold hair. But Daddy did not like his hair, so being the obedient wife that I am, sniff, I broke down and gave him a haircut. Jackson was pretty cool with it, and I clipped away. He was happy.....until he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. He crumpled in a heap on the bathroom floor, sobbing, and sobbing. I asked him what was wrong, and he proceeded to tell me through the sobs to put his hair back on. He said, "I want my long hair back on my head!" I tried to tell him that it would grow back and that it was cute this way, too. I talked him into a bath. I told him that he'd feel better with a hair wash and get all those little hairs off his back. When he got out of the tub, he again looked in the mirror. He said "we better wash it again, it's still short". So, I explained to him that washing it wouldn't make it grow back. He looked at me so pitifully and said, " so I just look like this?" At this point I had to get creative. So I told him this is how cowboys wear their hair. Cowboys like very short hair.

And he's cool with that.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey Jackson!
I love, love, love your new cowboy hairdo. Emily's going to be jealous. She told me the other day that she wanted to be a boy so that she could get a flat-top! Your mommy is a great barber.
Huggies and kissies from Aunt Heidi

Unknown said...

Hi Jackson,
You are the best looking Alabama Cowboy!! You look so grownup now. Boy, will you be cooler this summer when you round up those cows. I love you, Mamaw

Anonymous said...

Nice haircut! HOpe you are having a good weekend and enjoying Springtime weather. Trisha