Friday, May 16

A Little Clarification....

I just realized I left out an important detail. About the 50 follicles, that does not mean 50 embryos, just in case anyone was wondering! Not all of the eggs were healthy, and not all of them fertilized, and not all of the fertilized ones survived. To break it down into layman's terms, I have just enough embryos left to try two more times. So the story does not end with the boys that I have already, there should be more when we're ready for them. I must admit, my desire for twins has diminished quite a bit! :) We're hoping for 2 more single pregnancies . Another note of clarification - It will be a while before we retrieve the next one. Carson is a rather high needs child, so we would like to get his sickness more controlled before we take the plunge again.
Thanks to all of you who left comments. After I wrote that post, I wondered if I should have. After all, it is rather personal. But after I read through the comments, and reached for a few hankies, I was glad I had shared it. The comments were touching, and I ache for those who are going through it now. You are not alone - and there IS hope!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask if you all were going to plan on anymore children, but I thought that might be rude - glad you clarified that for me! :) I think twins would be awesome - lots of work, but lots of fun.

Lisa said...

Hi Brittany! It was good to catch up on your blog...I'm so sorry for all that you guys went through, it must have been a long road. God sure knew though what He was doing...those two boys of your's are precious! We've also had our share of some dark times. I don't really tell too many people about my complete history either! Let's just say I had 3 miscarriages all in my 2nd trimester then all followed with a dnc-no fun. And of course our little Kyle, which I know you knew that. It's good though we can be here for each other and receive comfort! I'm so glad you did the procedure. And for those who made it harder for you, well they were probably just ignorant. God will deal with those folks in His own time! Thanks for sharing-I'm glad you did!