Saturday, April 26

My Baby's Growing Up...

It has been an interesting week! I finally decided to stop putting off potty training Carson. But, I shouldn't have worried, he took to it right away. Jackson has appointed himself to be Carson's personal cheer leader and is taking that job very seriously. Every time Carson heads to the bathroom, Jackson's right behind him, cheering all the way. If Carson has success, Jackson gets so excited - he claps and jumps and says things like, "CARSON, I'M SO PROUD OF YOU! YOU'RE A SUPER HERO!" I got him some new cars underpants, of which he is very proud - they glow in the dark. Did you know that you can not buy underpants that fit a miniature bottom? The smallest size on the market is 2T-3T and they nearly hang to his knees, so he pulls them up to his chest. Here's a picture of him applauding himself for a job well done.

He has difficulty getting his pants down by himself, so he gets up on his stool, raises the lid, and goes potty....without pulling down his pants... then "shushes" the toilet and runs on his merry way. So I've been letting him run around without the pants. Well, what would YOU do? I just hope nobody comes to call until he learns to manage his pants!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are putting this mommy under potty-training conviction! I don't blame you at all for letting Carson go without unders...we do the same with the little ones at our house. Anyway, thanks for the reminder. I'll get right on it with Kammy (someday soon)....
Karen

Amanda said...

Ha, that was a great laugh! Thank you. We did the exact same thing at our house also, no unders. And praise the Lord I didn't have any unexpected visitors!

Unknown said...

That is so precious and funny. Daddy and I both had a laugh as we read it. How about a picture of Carson with his "big boy" pants pulled up to his arm pits?