Monday, November 5

Carson Update





Carson has been doing much better with his vomiting (reflux). It had gotten really bad for awhile - as much as 4 times a day. He was able to get in to see a pediatric gastrointerologist finally. He ordered an endoscopy for the very next morning. The test showed significant damage to his esophagus. So, the Dr put him on a very high dose of prilosec. (he's been on zantac and prevacid with no results.) The meds are supposed to heal up the damage and put an end to the vomiting. Since he's been on it we've seen great improvement. The picture is from his endoscopy. He did well with the test, but getting the IV started was another story. It took 4 needle pokes to finally hit a vein. He had bruises on his arm, his hand, and his foot from all the pokes. Needless to say, he was fighting the nurses as hard as he could and screaming as loud as he could. 4 people, plus myself, were trying to hold him down. It was about all I could take! I was ready to cry right along with him. As you can see in the pics, he was back to his happy little self as soon as he woke up.

1 comment:

Slade said...

Hey David and Brit!
I sure hope the medicine helps Carson , none of them have been successful with me unfortunately but I've learned to live with it. lol
Best Wishes!
Matt