Monday, September 8

Laundry Room/Bathroom Refresh

Hey guys!

Guys?

Anybody out there??

Um yeah.  I haven't been the best blogger here lately...
 Forgive me?
I guess I was low on inspiration or something.
But we've been kicking it in gear and getting a few things done around here, and I'm excited to show you some new things! First up...the laundry room/second bathroom.

 If you'll remember, the laundry room was all frenchy, toile, and apple green. I really liked it at first, but that bathroom kinda ended up being the boys bathroom. So, yeah, we needed to lose a few frills, and make it a bit more guy friendly.

 Here's what I came up with, for a cheap weekend project...
I painted the walls Waterscape by Sherwin Williams - LOVE that color!! Then we swapped out all the florals, toiles, and damasks, for bold black and whites. Not much work or expense, but it made a BIG difference. 


 I needed something to hang on the wall, so I took a bathtime pic of Weston, put it in a black frame - perfect! And of course, I went to Pinterest for some fun free printables.


I couldn't find a solid white roll up curtain for the window, ok, so I couldn't find one that was cheap enough for me... ;)   So I used one plain white panel, attached the tie backs that came with it to the top with a few buttons, and voila - just what I was looking for but much more budget friendly. 


I love that it looks fresh and clean, and the little guys are all happy with it too. Win win!


Photobucket

10 comments:

Valerie Cottage Making Mommy said...


Good to see you back Brittany and I love the bathroom.

Hugs,

Valerie
Cottage Making Mommy
www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

3rd times charm...your blog really doesn't want my comment. Lol.

Love it, of course. Totally digging the shower curtain.

Shirley said...

Hey, Britt, I like it. Its amazing what a little bit of paint and fabric will do. You haven't lost your touch. By the way, how's your flowers doing on the back patio?

Grandmagene said...

I love it. U are so creative. I love your blog. I am so glad u posted was going to write and ask how I could get on your blog. Lol

The Dickinsons said...

I was so excited to see your comment on my blog...and then thrilled to see that you had posted a new post. =)
What a fun black and white bathroom. Love all the sayings, your curtains, etc. It's all sooo cute. =)

~Heather~

Melissa said...

Cute, cute! Glad to see you haven't lost your touch.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

The bathroom looks great!! That keep calm and wipe your bum signed cracked me up! :)

lila said...

Glad you blogged. Love the new look!!

Cindy said...

That looks great Brittany. I love the colour on your walls and the black and white with it is so fresh looking. I would love to see what else you've been doing!

Charity said...

Love it!! I especially love the cute little signs! So fun for all the guys!