Now that October is nearly history I finally drug out some fall decor. You could say I was having a bit of trouble getting inspired this year... Due partly to the condition of my fall stash. I found a box of white styrofoam balls, and pondered them for a while, wondering what exactly they were, until it dawned on me that they *used* to be my faux pumpkins. It seems squirrels find faux pumpkin skins to be a tasty treat and they stripped them clean. Pesky little rodents... I lucked out and found one bag that had been overlooked, so we at least have a little sprinkling of fall decor on display this year...
Not much fall stuff in the kitchen, but I wanted to sneak a pic in because I just love my "old" cup rack :) Found it for a steal!
This is the kitchen fall decor. One scrawny pumpkin. Yep, that's it, folks.
My little vintage chair looks nice and festive!
I jumped on the burlap wreath bandwagon and made one for myself. It was a super easy and fairly quick project - pretty cheap, too!
I had a birthday this month, yep - I'm gettin' old. I had seen a frame I wanted in a local shop ($165.00!!!) and hubby seemed to think he could build one. So he did. Because he's just awesome like that. This baby is HUGE. The photo inside is 20x20. I think it's even prettier than the one in that fancy shop. What an awesome Birthday present!
Mine and Jackson's Birthdays are just 2 days apart - he turned 10. I still can't wrap my mind around that one. In 3 years we'll have a teenager in the house! Oh dear...
Woops... sorry for the pic-happy post. I guess I really should post more often, huh?!?
Happy fall, y'all.











9 comments:
I love your decorating taste! I have zilch in that department!
Everything looks lovely =) I have the identical mustard yellow chevron throw.
I like that your fall decor is simple and subtle. I'm not one that decorates a ton for EACH season. I have the stuff to do a burlap wreath as well...50% Hobby Lobby :) I hope mine turns out as cute as yours!!
I love your mantel display, it makes me want to re-do mine. That window is just perfect with the piece above it and the shutters flanking it. You are very talented, girl.
Your kitchen is just adorable, it reminds me that you don't need to put $20,000.00 into a make-over for it to look great.
The scale and the coca-cola box are really sweet. The lone pumpkin looks very sweet on your scale.
I pinned the wreath, I would like to make one like it.
And...what a smart hubby you have! The frame is fabulous, I adore it! Your boys are growing up fast!
Happy Birthday to both you and Jackson!
Hugs, Cindy
Great update! Everything is beautiful:)
Brittany, Thanks for your beyond SWEET comment on my Fall decor. You are a dear. =)
Awww! Sorry about your pumpkins becoming a snack for the squirrels. =(
Love your Fall decor too. Your wreath is so nice!
Your hubby did a great job on that frame. So cute.
Hoping your Fall is going great like mine. (I'm sorry you can't wear Flip Flops during Fall. That would make Fall easier for you to handle, wouldn't it? =)
Only one week until my sweetheart gets back to me. I'm counting the minutes! =)
~Heather~
Looks beautiful as always! LOVE the frame!!!
It all looks very cozy!! Love your touches of fall!! :) And a happy birthday to you!!!
Hi, I just discovered your blog, actually through pinterest.
I love finding other Christian bloggers.
I just started a blog the first of this year, I would love for you to come by.
booklover95.blogspot.com
I look forward to keeping up with your post.
Post a Comment