I've been into making signs lately. Once I discovered how easy it is, I got kinda sorta addicted. Besides, it's a fantastic way to use up old frames or cabinet doors.
I had seen a similar "Cottage" sign on Pinterest (where else???) and fell in love with it. I knew it would be perfect for the top of this armoire in the living room. That's always one of the hardest places for me to decorate - for some reason it always stumps me. So I'm super happy to have that little problem solved!
The next one was made from an old mirror that was discarded when we redecorated the church bathrooms. Yep, I painted right over the glass. I love the saying, and the song.
(Thanks, Jenny, for the inspiration!)
The little chalkboard sits in the kitchen...
I'm still waiting for applicants.
I've already shown this one in another post, but it's a sign, so I'll stick it in here again! It's a great reminder to be content with what we have.
I'll share the "how-to's" with ya. This is the easiest way I've found anyway.
Chalkboards:
1. Print your quote on paper making sure to get your font size as big as you need.
2. Rub the back of the paper with chalk.
3. Position it on your chalkboard, and trace the letters with a pen or something sharp.
4. Remove the paper, and go over the faint chalk lines with a chalk marker.
Works like a charm!
Painted Signs:
1. Print your quote on paper.
2. Lay some graphite paper over your sign, place printed quote on top.
3. Trace the quote with a pen.
4. Remove paper and graphite and go over the faint lines with paint. For the "God Is Faithful" sign, I used a black sharpie and it worked GREAT.
That's it! A super easy, and fun winter project.
Linking up with Chari's Finished Object Friday!






8 comments:
Love all the signs -- esp. the "Help Wanted." (good luck waiting...) =D
Brittany, Your signs are all marvellous! I love them. I love to make signs, too, they are so easy and looks great where you put them.
Did you read my post a few back that mentioned you and the hair clip that I received from your give away? Thank you again, I really like it.
Hugs, Cindy
Great signs! I love them all!
So cute!!! I love these! (Good luck on the kitchen help...) :P
The Help Wanted sign cracked me up! I need to make one of those! :)
Super cute! Love the colors in the cottage sign!:)
Love your projects and decorations!
After RUNNING for weeks now, we are finally done sorting, selling, and cleaning and we are OUT OF OUR RENTAL HOUSE!!! YEA! Praise the LORD for His help! =)
Now, we are basically all packed up, except for those LAST MINUTE things that we have to throw in...(PLEASE PRAY we have ROOM to throw them all in!! =)
Love your super fun and cute signs. I would love to make some some day when we are in the USA. Love the mirror one, the Cottage one, and the Help wanted...they are all adorable. Can't wait to see them in person soon. =)
Blessings,
~Heather~
Post a Comment