Well, I didn't do much as far as Valentine's decor this year. Ok, make that I didn't do squat as far as Valentine's Day decor this year. But we made up for it with goodies!
There were so many different yummy ideas on pinterest I couldn't decide which ones to try. I went with the strawberry cake mix cookies from this pin, and let me just tell you - that recipe is a KEEPER! I had to hurry up and bag up the ones for the school kiddos because they were going fast. We made them last night and there's not so much as a crumb left for today, Valentine's Day. *sigh *...
(*disclaimer* This post is full of pathetic Iphone pics, I know they're terrible...)
We made some of them just for the boys' teachers...
I found that idea on pinterest too, but couldn't seem to find a ready made printable for the tag in a Valentine's Day version...so I just put one together myself real quick in photoshop. It's not fantastic, but it works. The guys wrote little notes to their teachers on the back.
The boys have been "selling" candy bars for the school fundraiser, and I'm pretty sure their daddy and I are their best customers. Something HAD to be done. (They really are that good.) So I found a candy bar wrapper printable on pinterest here, fancied them all up, and handed them out at church as Valentine's gifts. Whew! Got rid of those wicked things. Now I owe the fundraiser envelope quite a few pennies...
The boys were thrilled with their lego star wars Valentine's cards, complete with glow stick light sabers.
Here is the link to that pin.
Which begs the question...
What in this world did we do before Pinterest???
And I still have a whole board full of ideas to try next year :)
Happy Valentine's Day, y'all! I hope it's SWEET!




5 comments:
Those cookies look yummy! Hope they have a wonderful day celebrating.
I've made those cookies! Love how simple and good they are! Cute valentines too!
Thanks, Britt. =) (That's what I call my niece Brittany) for the fun comment on my Valentine's post. Happy Heart day to you and yours!
Loved your post as well. I'm opening up the link to look at the recipe for your Strawberry cookies. Cute tag you made for their teachers. Loved the candy bar wrapper idea to give your church folks a Valentine...and help y'all get rid of some candy bars. =) (I used to sell candy bars too. LOTS of candy bars!)
Sounds like your day...or leading up to it was special. =)
We've had a special day too!
~Heather~
Very cute!!! Those cookies look super yummy!! :)
Hi Brittany,
What did we do before Pinterest?!?! You are so creative, I love to see all of the wonderful things that you put together for your kids and for your church people. They're really blessed to have you.
Hugs, Cindy
Post a Comment