Wednesday, December 19

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We'll be doing a little Christmas tour over the next several days, as I try to play catch up! So for today...
Welcome to our Living Room.
 (And please forgive me for the ridiculous amount of photos in this post.)
I stuck with neutrals this year, and used lots of natural things - twigs, pinecones, birds, burlap...

Our poor Christmas tree...it was so beautiful when we first brought it home. But since then it's survived a toddler, a nose dive, a rewiring of the lights, and a number of redecorating sessions... it's starting to look a bit worn out!


 I got a new rug (on clearance!!) for this room a few weeks ago, and I'm LOVING how much brighter it is! 






I had fun with the mantel - gotta love those free chalkboard printables! 

 The fresh greens came from a pretty little tree in our backyard. It smells so good!


 (The little guys do have stockings, too  -they're in a different room.)


So that's the living room... till next time, Be Merry!


Photobucket

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Everything is simply beautiful!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

It all looks amazing!! I love the nature theme on your tree! I want to do this some year. It is so pretty and adorable!

Unknown said...

Love it! I always get so excited when I see you've posted. LOL!

The Dickinsons said...

Everything is beautiful (like normal!=) Love your tree, and the burlap on the tree. Your gifts look so beautiful too. Love the mantel.

Thanks for your sweet comment today. My heart needed it when I got home!
We've had QUITE the day. AFTER 6 YEARS OF WAITING...We finally went to get our Colombian papers TODAY...and the office changed their hours and closed 3 hours early, so we couldn't do them today. =(

ON THE WAY HOME...PHILLIP'S BAG WITH ALLLLL of our passports, Col. visas, and documents that we've been working on for 6 years WAS STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
We just got a phone call that the police have found a bag, and Phillip is there now to see if it is ours! (Hoping it is!!)
PLEASE PRAY!
WHEW! What a day!
God is Good! All the time!
~Heather~

Shirley said...

Britt, everything is perfectly beaitiful. You'd never know a disaster struck last Sat.! You have an artistic touch that I love. Can't wait to see it in real life.

Shirley said...

Britt, everything is perfectly beaitiful. You'd never know a disaster struck last Sat.! You have an artistic touch that I love. Can't wait to see it in real life.

lila said...

Very nice!! Merry Christmas!!!!

Tricia G. said...

Beautiful!!!

RicKaren said...

Very Beautiful!

Making Memories 1999 said...

Very lovely!

Charity said...

So very pretty!!! I love it! And the living room does look so roomy! (You probably said before, but where did the piano go?) LOVE the new rug!!

Down Blueberry Lane said...

Very very pretty. Love all your little touches that give such big impact. Merry Christmas!

Cindy said...

Your tree is beautiful and so huge! I love your new rug, it's perfect for your pretty living room. Everything looks very festive!
Hugs, Cindy

Brittany said...

Chari~ The piano is at the church now. I use my electric one at home - it fits under the couch! ;) I didn't have enough room for everything.

The Dickinsons said...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all your prayers! Jesus has created MIRACLES and we got back Phillip's bag, most of our $300.00, ALL of our important documents, 10 passports, Phillip's electronic dictionary, etc The only thing we are still missing is a USB memory stick with Phillip's stuff on it. BUT WE ARE PRAISING GOD for the MIRACLE in bringing all of these things back to us Our Colombian friends say THIS NEVER HAPPENS HERE!! God is Awesome!
Thanks for your fun comment.
Have yourself a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! =) (Still watching for another Christmas post on your blog.=)

~Heather~