Friday, February 3

Pillow Love. (Pardon the pun...)

I've been wanting to make some of these pillows for. evah. I had downloaded the word art from Dear Lillie ages ago. Since then I can't find the downloadable template - either she removed it, or I'm just not seeing it. (But you can buy some pillows already made in her shop.)  I loved it as soon as I saw it. Boy, everything just sounds so much more romantic in French, does it not?!  
Our bedroom pillows were in desperate need of an overhaul, so I covered one of our old ones. The fabric is actually an old white curtain that I never really liked. It looks much better as a pillow! I printed the word onto some of that really cool printable fabric. (I got mine at Walmart.) The paper comes in 8.5X11 sheets, and I wanted a bigger word, so I printed it banner style, using 2 sheets of the printable fabric. After I ironed the it  onto the pillow cover, you could see the edges, so I stuck some ruffles and rosettes on there to hide them. I say you can't have too many ruffles. And roses never hurt anybody either ;)

I was really happy with how it turned out - and so easy! This was a great Valentine's project. I need a few other pillows for our room, and I have a some more ideas floating around for them. After all, I still have one more curtain, and it makes for some awesome pillow covering fabric. I have a few other projects in the works that I'll show ya real soon. 
Till then, Je t`aime!

(Linking up with Chari's Finished Object Friday. Yeah yeah yeah....I know it's been awhile...)
Photobucket

11 comments:

Shirley said...

I love it. What do the French words mean?

Making Memories 1999 said...

Beautiful pillow!

Charity said...

Soo pretty!! I love the ruffles and roses! :) Looks so pretty on your bed too!

Brittany said...

Je t`aime means "I love you" in French.

Special 'K' said...

They look gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. This is my first visit to your special space, I will follow on my way out as I am sure I will enjoy engaging and supporting your special place now I have found you,I hope you will find the some time to come visit me some time. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Tammy said...

Oh how pretty!

Cindy said...

Your pretty little pillow is perfectly adorable! I love it. I've never used the printable fabric, not even sure if we can get it in Canada, but I shall have to find out. Thanks for the tip.
Hugs, Cindy

The Dickinsons said...

Very cute, Brittany. You "done good!" =) I love the french word, the ruffles and the roses. =) Adds a nice touch to your bed.

~Heather~

lila said...

beautiful!!!

Pamela said...

The pillow is beautiful -- I love all your white. So neat how you took something you didn't love and made it into something special.

Blessings,
Pamela

Grandmagene said...

Brittany you are so creative! Everything in your house looks so beautiful. I just love your blog.