Friday, April 1

Where oh where, Oh where is Brittany...

...just because I haven't been here, don't think I don't love ya! 
Sooo....what's been going on around here?

1. Rain. And Cold. It's been rainy for a week and it's making me CRAY.ZEE.  The weather man says the sun's supposed to shine this afternoon and tomorrow. I'm holding him personally responsible if it doesn't. My flip flops NEED me...
2. Total chaos in the entire house. Why does making a room for one baby have to utterly destroy the whole place??!! I will stay calm. I will stay calm. I will stay calm.....
3. A teensy bit of photography practice. Emphasis on the "practice". I got a new external flash and diffuser and I've been playing with it a little bit - maybe I'll be able to get some better room shots now for you peeps! At least, that's the idea.
4. Vacation planning. Gulf Shores, here we come!!! It will be our last hoorah before the baby gets here - the whole family is soooo looking forward to some sand and sun. And a few of the weirder ones are totally wild excited about the Naval Museum and the old war fort... I'll let you guess who'll be going to those - I, for one, will not be torturing myself in that way this year, but will instead be enjoying the afore mentioned sand and sun. And Outlet Malls. And some good gulf eatin'. And I have a thing for watching the little sandpipers. They're just too cute. Actually, I may tag along to the fort, because it looks like an awesome photo site ;)
5. Nursery planning! But sadly, not much action. I've got the plans all laid out in mind, if only I had enough energy to get 'er done. I gave up the wild notion of making my own crib bedding - as if that would have actually happened. HAHA, Good one, Brittany! Found a good deal on a set from Amazon and I'm quite pleased with it and haven't sewn a stitch. Boy, I'm getting lazy... Hopefully we'll make a little progress this weekend and I'll be able to post some updates. With real PICTURES. And just because I hate posts with no photos, I'll throw in a few to give you an idea of what our weekend will be like...

We'll be moving this bed
 and all the other guest room furnishings,

To this room. 
(I KNOW I had a more recent piccy of this room somewhere...honestly there's not ALWAYS a Christmas tree in there. Really. And there's been a coffee table in there for about a year now... Just do me a favor and imagine it, K? )
This will make a temporary guest room until the attic project is completed - which could take months. Or years. But we're not gonna think about that right now. Which means, I have to touch up the walls in the beachy room and get all the junk cleared out so that the man of the house can do all the moving of the big stuff. 
Because lately, it's all I can do to carry around my own big stuff... 
I'll never take simple little things like, you know, being able to breathe,  for granted again. And sleep. You ever tried to sleep while tied to a watermelon?! Huh?! But, really, I am glad the little guy's growing good - and he MUST be growing quite well, because he's sapping all my energy. 

And just because I'm a glutton for torture, I'll even show you the latest fat lady piccy. So you'll know how much to feel sorry for me. 
As you can probably guess, he's measuring well "ahead of schedule". And yes, I do have 3 more months to go. And, yes, I've already had to pack away some so-called maternity clothes that I couldn't squeeze into anymore if my life depended on it. And no, I really don't know how I'm gonna make it 3 more months if he keeps growing at this rate! I must say, though, that having had one baby that weighed 9 lbs 6 oz, and another that weighed 5 lbs 10 oz, I'll take the big fat baby. My bigger one was so healthy and happy, and slept all night long at 9 days old. He was a dream baby. Then.... we had his brother. That little guy was much more finicky, fussy, and sickly, and has been smallish ever since. But he does run circles around his larger, lazier brother ;) He's the one that keeps me on my toes.
 If only I could still see them...


Photobucket

10 comments:

Charity said...

Naval Museum?! Old War Fort?! Yep... I would probably be one of the weirder ones, but you know me!! Y'all enjoy that trip! :)

oh, and you look great!! Such a cute outfit. I don't feel toooo sorry for you though - I'm too excited for you all! :)

**hugs** :)

Andrea said...

Thanks for the update, Lady! You look adorable! I do remember not being able to breathe or sleep those last few months....he'll be here before you know it. Easier for me to say, right?! LOL

Simply LKJ said...

Ha! My hubby loves the Naval museum and fort too!! You look so cute. And, I'm with ya...big babies are great!!

The Dickinsons said...

Brittany, I was coming to your blog to leave you a comment that I hope and pray that you haven't been too ill with your baby bump...for we've been missing hearing from you. =) I was glad to see your new post!
I think you look adorable! I've been VERY large with all of my babies, especially with #3 who weighed in a 10lbs. 6 oz and #4 who had his own swimming pool. When he was born the nurses estimated that I was carrying 25 lbs. of just fluid. So, I understand the "being strapped to a watermelon bit" =D Lord willing, it won't be too long and you'll get to hold that precious bundle in your arms. Looking forward to seeing the nursery pics.
I just posted part 2 of our Open House in our USA Home, if you get a chance to peek. =)
Have a super vacation...and enjoy that sun. =D

Cindy said...

Hello poor dear Brittany,
I am feeling sorry for you and to think that you have three more months! You are NOT fat, you are beautiful! I feel bad that your lovely beachie room is going to be done into a guest room, but I know it will be lovely, everything you do turns out just gorgeous. I'm sure your new nursery will be wonderful, too.
Have a wonderful day!
Love and hugs, Cindy

The Dickinsons said...

Just realized that you could see a couple pics of my sympathy "watermelon baby bump" on my post "pics of those who helped us on our USA house." =)
Have a Great weekend in Jesus! =)

Unknown said...

Aw, you look cute! We have toes? ;)

The Dickinsons said...

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. I told Phillip that I thought you were a "kindred spirt" (to quote Anne of Green Gables). Wish I lived a tad closer...it would be fun to get together and chat. =)

I hope you have a great day!

Nancy said...

Hi! I ran accross your blog the other day from L. Randall...she had a link. I LOVE, LOVE your style. You are one amazing decorator! I would love to get in touch with you, but not sure how to get your email address since I'm sure you don't want to share it with the whole blogging world:)hmmm.. Do you pastor a Bible Methodist church? We are in the Heartland Conference. Maybe if you let me know which church, I could get it from the BMeth website? LEt me know if you have any ideas...I'd love to chat with you about a project or two of yours. Thanks!

Brittany said...

Hi Nancy,
Thanks for the sweet comment! My email address is actually posted up there on the tab marked "contact". I think it's also in my profile info. I'd love to hear from you! We were "supply pastors" of a Bible Methodist church in the Alabama conference for about 3 years, but now we're back in the Pilgrim Nazarene Church. We made some good BMC friends during that time, and still consider some of them as family ;)