Thursday, April 14

Room Swap - Phase One Complete!

Seriously, I've had this room done for a little while. But trying to save my photos lately has been a complete pain in the patootie. But I finally did have some success,
so here we are! 
The den has officially turned into the very coastal guest room. There's a little too much furniture in there for my liking, but it will work just fine as a temporary solution until we get the attic remodeled. 
Wanna see the damage?

I fought with these old built-ins and no matter what I did they still looked cluttered, but it's growing on me...


I'm really glad that there was enough room to keep my little sewing station all set up. It's not like I use it a ton, but it's handy when I need to! 

I'm also glad there was enough room to leave the sofa in there. Because quite honestly, I  did not want to haul that sucker up the stairs. Besides, we could sleep one more guest in there in a pinch :) 

I needed something to hang on those hooks, so I made some beachy looking candle jars. Here's hoping the little guys don't find that sand...

And if you come stay with us, 
here's your sink.
Just kidding. We really do have indoor plumbing down here in Alabama...

I made myself wait till this room was completely done before I'd let myself start in on the nursery, so it's up next! But now I'm too tired. Yawn....

Photobucket

12 comments:

Liz said...

Looks really great!

Pamela Gordon said...

You did a great job on your guest room. I think it looks very cozy and comfortable. I love the built in shelves and I think it's nice that you could keep the sofa there for sort of a bed/sitting room for your guests. The 'sink' is sweet! :-) I can't wait to see the new nursery. Blessings, Pamela

Simply LKJ said...

It turned out great Brittany! I love that it does double duty. Great use of space.

Making Memories 1999 said...

I really like your guestroom! Peaceful, yet inspiring. Great job!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Looks beautiful Brittany! I think the shelves look just right. Enjoyed catching up with you. You have really grown! lol I think that 3rd baby just kind of does you in. It sure cured me from wanting a 4th. I remember walking into the doctors office and a child pointing saying, look how fat she is! His mom was so embarrassed but not as embarrassed as me. But the fat all came off and I had a healthy boy.
Take care!
Tammy

Charity said...

It's so pretty and peaceful!! I think the shelves look great! :)

PS~Can I use the sink, if I'm real good?? ;)

The Dickinsons said...

Brittany, Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog!
Love your new guest room! It all looks pretty and cozy! Love the built-in shelves and you did a great job arranging them. You know from our bedroom that I love the nice comfortable couch too. =)
Hope you are having good day and are feeling as well as possible when you have a baby bump attached to you! =)

Holly said...

It's beautiful, I like your touch. Not too crowded...don't worry.

The Dickinsons said...

Brittany,
I just read on Yahoo news about bad storms in Alabama! I truly hope that it wasn't anywhere close to y'all and that y'all are safe! =)

Blessings! =)
~Heather~

Brittany said...

Heather~ We had some bad thunder storms but all the tornadoes went south of us - Whew, big sigh of relief! So thankful that it missed us!

Cindy said...

I can imagine you are too tired! It looks wonderful, though, Brittany, and how very nice that you didn't have to move the couch out of the room. The bookcases look lovely, not terribly crowded at all.
I didn't realize you were in Alabama. We went through Alabama from Mississippi heading for Chattanooga, Tennessee. We ate at the Dreamland rib restaurant, which seems to be a chain in Ala. What a fun experience that was. It was like visiting another culture, which my husband and I enjoy doing.
Hugs, Cindy

Shirley said...

You did a splendid job...it's so Brittany! You are hired to decorate my place...some day?!
Can't wait to come spend some time in that room. Love you