Thursday, March 3

The nesting has begun...

We've had some absolutely GORGEOUS days here in the sunny south lately. There's nothing like good ole sunshine to perk ya up!
 I've been pondering ideas to let more light into my kitchen, and for some reason, I've turned into a decided mini-blind hater. So my plan? Yank down those mini blinds, and valances, and hang light weight cafe curtains.  Mission accomplished! Now the top part of the windows are open, letting in all kinds of glorious light, while the bottom is still geared for privacy. Oh, and did I mention the curtains cost me a whopping 4 bucks?! (pssst...can you keep a secret? They're cheap IKEA dishtowels.)
 When I walked into my kitchen this morning, and was greeted by beautiful sunshine, I just had to smile. It makes my day!

I also got a "new" stove recently. YAY for craigslist!!!
 I'd gotten so spoiled to the ceramic top style, and it's so nice to have one again. Actually, it's just pretty nice to have a stove that WORKS. Was soooo happy to get the old dinosaur stove outta here.

 I've been doing some springy things around here that I'll be showing you, too. I think the whole nesting thing is finally kicking in!
 Maybe I'll actually have something to blog about ;)

And here's the latest baby bump piccy...
Things are moving right along and going well.
We've decided on Weston Andrew for the name, and we can't wait to meet him!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

I love your sunny kitchen! The tea towel curtains are adorable and so is the pic of you and your baby bump. :-) Good on getting a new stove too. Have a great day! Blessings, Pamela

Melissa said...

I just love the kitchen, makes me want to freshen mine up. I am so happy to see you blogging again, I was missing your post. So glad things are going well with Mr.Weston. Can't wait till the little guy makes his arrival and we get to see pictures of him.

RicKaren said...

Ca-ute kitchen and baby bump! Happy spring!

Cindy said...

Your baby bump is just darling, and you look so wonderfully healthy. I hope you are feeling wonderfully healthy, too. The name is very nice, very masculine. Your kitchen is so sweet, I love all of the red with the light turquoise, very retro! The tea towel curtains are perfect.
Hugs, Cindy

Unknown said...

I have some of those towels, too. :) Love your kitchen.

Simply LKJ said...

Brittany, I love the cafe curtains! We only have a wood valance and wooden cornice board above our kitchen windows, and I love the light it lets in. You look AMAZING!

Making Memories 1999 said...

So glad your "baby bump" is doing well. =) And, I really like your sunny kitchen. So happy-looking! Blessings...

Charity said...

Everything looks so cute!! I definitely agree with you on the ceramic top stove!! I love mine, and I hope I never have to go back to cleaning the other kind! :)

You look great! Little Weston seems to be growing big and strong!! Love the name! :)

Leah said...

You look great, Brittany! Love the addition to your kitchen. Looking forward to your other projects coming along :)

The Overall's said...

Britt!!

Love the kitchen~ and you look great:) The girls say hello and they touched your belly on the computer screen!!!!!!

Andrea said...

I love Cafe curtains - I thought about trying them in my kitchen, but tried something else instead - I need to share this new kitchen soon!
You look just adorable and I LOVE his name!

Rhonda said...

pretty kitchen and pretty momma-to-be you are.
the red and aqua accents are so nice