Monday, October 11

Just a Touch of Fallishness...

I'm gradually making peace with fall. Having a few slight flip flop withdrawals, but then, that's to be expected. Still trying to remember to grab my jacket on the way out the door in the mornings... am I the only one that despises wearing a coat?! Oh wait, this post is supposed to be about some fall decor...
I'm not going all out this year. 
I'm enjoying keeping things simple. 
You know...less is more...
And it's a whole lot cheaper.
This corner of the dining room is dressed up with a few simple white punkins and a mason jar filled with acorns and a fallish candle.

The centerpiece on the dining room table is quite simple, too. I spray painted a faux pumpkin, glazed it, then plopped it down on top of some moss on a cake plate. 
I'm going to try to remain calm...(deep breaths....) and quietly mention that you can see here the NEWLY REFINISHED TABLE!!! I'm just a little bit excited to be done with that little project. (I'll tell ya all about it in a later post.) 

 The buffet decor is...yep, you guessed it...SIMPLE! 
 Nothin fancy about an old pitcher full of sticks and a plate of  green apples and acorns. 
By the way... I was reeeally happy to find this big platter at Wal Mart.
 ( Just thought you might like to know that. )

The little old Sunday School chair is looking sweet with some fallishness on it.
That's it! Now I'm gonna go help my sweet and handsome handy man, he just finished installing some pretty crown molding in the dining room, and now he's working on the caulking and painting. And he's probably wondering where his "help" has run off to...
Photobucket

11 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

I really like it Brittany! I am with ya...1)miss my flip flops, 2)hate coats, and 3)I'm all for simple decor this fall. Can't wait to see the table's debut!!

Unknown said...

All I can say is ditto to what SimplyLKJ said!!! Missing my flipflops, hate jackets and sweaters, and loving the simple decor. That's totally my style...well if I actually got around to decorating for seasons that is :D I did buy a pumpkin. So that's a step up from last year. hehe. Enjoy your autumn!!

Charity said...

I'm loving the simple fall decor! and the white pumpkins!!! Reluctant you may be, but you sure "done" it right! :)

Shirley said...

I like your Fall additions. Thank you for giving my favorite season a "nod of recognition". I think it's sweet of you to give that 'handsome Hubby a hand'!!!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Not a coat girl either! Love the simplicity of your fall decor. Just perfect.

Cindy said...

Hi Brittany,
I love all of the your "Fallishness"! You do simple extremely well, I must say. Your table looks outstanding, I look forward to your post on it. I have a table top to refinish also, perhaps I can take some tips from you.
I don't mind a coat, but we have had absolutely heavenly weather here still, in the 80's still!!! So if I start out with a coat it is soon taken off.
Hugs, Cindy

GLOANN said...

I have been following your blog for sometime now and have to tell you how very much I enjoy the beauty you create from your thrifty finds. Love your simple fall decor.

Leah said...

I absolutely love your Fall decor! It's simply and neutral and right down my road!
Happy Fall Y'all =)

Unknown said...

Thank you for your comment. I did delete the post though, just a little too personal and raw to put up right now. Thank you for your prayers.

Andrea said...

Last year I would have agreed with you on the coats, BUT since moving to FL I have been really missing Fall and all that comes with it :(
I'm looking forward to Jan/Feb when it's cold enough for coats here :)
Love the Fall decor, especially the white pumpkins!

Making Memories 1999 said...

I really like your "simple" but classy looking fall decorations. Happy Fall to you!