My poor blog has suffered much neglect lately. That means I've been BUSY! I did slow down long enough today to take some fall pics of the boys, before my leaf mulching man does away with all the fall leaves. So for my Finished Object Friday, I'll share a photo before and after.
This shot of Carson is SOOC (straight out of camera) :
It's pretty cute, but rather dull and lifeless.
And this one is after a little tweaking in picnik.
Much more zippy and interesting!
My wonderful hubs got me Photoshop Elements for my birthday this week, and I've spent hours trying to figure it out, and from all indications, it's gonna take a few more hours. Or more...
I did edit this photo in PS first, but it ended up pathetic, so I tossed it and went back to trusty ole picnik. It's like PS for blondes. I'm not giving up - I'm much too stubborn for that. I'll keep plugging away till it "clicks".
Stay tuned for some more cuteness from our photo shoot! (I just need to weed through a few hundred pics...) I will also be sharing about some projects we've been finishing around the house in the next few days. I told you I'd been busy...
Linking up with Chari's Finished Object Friday!



11 comments:
So cute!
Tips: Go to youtube...there's tons of tutorials. Also, you can download free actions and a click of the button will give you a certain look. Love them!
Carson is adorable! I've been thinking of getting Photoshop. I'm not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to anything technical. What kind of camera do you have? I like your editing. Never heard of picnic. That photo is precious and looks professional.
So cute! I havne't used Picnik much but my eleven year daughter LOVES it. She is always playing around on there! It does make some pretty pics! Can't wait to see what you've been "busy" doing!
What a cutie!! Are y'all prepared to beat the girls off?? :) I know you'll get the hang of P.E. some things just take a little time, huh? :)
Thanks Jenny - I'll have to go check out the youtube tutorials. I found some pretty good ones on an Adobe TV site. I've been wanting to get some actions to make it simpler - just gotta figure out how to do that, too!
Tammy, I have an older model Canon Rebel XT - and I LOOOVE it. Got it pretty cheap on ebay and then I've added a few lenses to my collection since then =) Picnik.com is a great photo editing website that is so easy to use - they have lots of neat features and it's really fun to play with =) Even for dumb blondes like me - LOL!!
Great picture Brittany! Carson is adorable. I am right there with ya, need to learn how to use all of those picture programs!!
Love picnik! Even makes it easy for a brunette. ;) What a cute little man you have there!
Your little fellow is so cute, even before you fixed it up!
Hugs, Cindy
OH! I forgot to wish you a Happy Belated Birthday!
More hugs, Cindy
Great picture of a cute little guy!
What a cute 'minature' man! Anxious for more pics of the kids....you know how us grandmas are???
Post a Comment