The kitchen is slowly evolving. I finally got some color on the walls - painted them "Tidewater" by Sherwin Williams. Of course, there's not much wall space in there. Painted the whole thing with a sample can and still have half of it left! The aqua color definitely adds to the retro feel.
I also put up some beadboard wallpaper as a backsplash. See it? Me neither. That's the problem. After I painted it, it just blended in and you can hardly even tell it's beadboard unless you get reeeally close. I may try some glazing, or maybe even paint it the same blue color as the walls. Ideas?
Obviously, I still have not mastered the art of photographing a window. Tips would be appreciated.
The sun was shining in on the apples today, and it looked so pretty I couldn't resist a piccy - even though I know I've already shown you the red scales...
My absolute favorite addition has got to be this apron.
Hands down.
I found it on Etsy, and I love the colors!
I can't bring myself to wear it - I'm afraid
I might get it dirty!
I also have a thing for vintage towels, vintage plates, vintage drain racks...
Ok, I'll stop now. Sorry for the photo overload. I get all shutter finger happy and don't know when to quit :)


12 comments:
Love it!! The blue color does add such a cute touch! :) But I can still see the beadboard in the picture - it looks cute! Maybe it shows up better in pictures. :) Well, I see it in the first picture, anyway... I love the vintage-y feel and all the colorful things! :)
Very pretty. I agree with Charity...I can see it too. I think it would look good glazed or painted the same color as the walls too though. Love all your vintage finds.
They obviously have great eye sight up above! ;) I can sorta see it (after zooming in on the picture). LOL! Kitchen is awesome! Love it and all the vintage details.
Great choice with the paint! It really does bring out the vintage feel. Don't know if you can use stain on wallpaper but I like what this blogger did with hers- http://fromhousetocozyhome.blogspot.com/2009/12/kitchen.html
I love it! Love all the red pieces too and it looks really good with the blue paint. :)
Don't apologize for too many photos, I LOVE photos. Your kitchen is just darling, I love it. I am going to try to mail some things to you today, I am s-0-0-o slow.
Hugs, Cindy
I absolutely love your kitchen Brittany. Your whole home for that matter. :o) Thank you for showing us the progress. You have given me so much inspiration. :o)
I hope you are having a wonderful week.
Sincerely ~ Tricia
Your kitchen is absolutely adorable! I love everything about it!
I think perhaps we're on the same path somewhere...I've been dreaming up blue for our new home...can't wait until it's ready to share!!
Love what you did! Fabulous and homey!
One more thing...WEAR THAT APRON!! *wink*
Now I'm confused....I think the kitchen is my favorite room. Before now it was your bedroom! I love the color of the walls, the beadboard, the tea towels, the 1950's look. I feel like I'm back in Grandmother's kitchen. Thanks for sharing the pics.
LOVE the colors!!!
Your blog link was shared with me by a friend. I love your kitchen! My kitchen is also done in the vintage style, same types of towels and linens and things, only my main colors are red and yellow. Anyways, a tip on the lighting is bounce flash. If you have an SLR type camera, you can get a detachable flash, one that can move to different angles, you can bounce the flash off of the ceiling and it helps the lighting so much! Love your blog.
Post a Comment