I have to kind of ease into fall, psyche myself up for it.
So today, (proudly pats self on the back...)
I broke down and let a little bit of fall in.
See it?
You don't?
Look up there.
Yep. don't let it knock you over with it's awesomeness. I said I had to break it in gently.
In my grand effort to do some fall decorating, I put some jars of sticks up on the ledge. Now whenever the weather decides to get out of the 90's I may get in the mood to do a little more. Or not.
But I am liking the sticks, and the old window.
And I thought I'd throw in this pic because it's kinda purty. Won't cost you a thing.
And just FYI, those baskets are cleverly concealing about 97 toy dinosaurs. If you bump the basket sometimes it will roar back at you. Raising boys. It's fun. And very challenging to an OCD decorator...




9 comments:
Brittany,
I am right there with ya. It is really hard to decorate for fall when it is STILL 95* outside!! I did break down the other day and bought a cute little white pumpkin for under my cloche in my family room though. But, that's it so far. I am really not into the "plastic/faux" stuff this year. One, don't want to spend the money on it and two, I am liking the more natural elements I can find in our own backyard more.
Beautifully done Brittany!
Many Blessings,
Melissa
Know what you mean about the weather. Slowly getting there myself.I have an urn and also two vases with sticks that I leave out year round. Just can't beat nature for beauty. Love the juxtaposition of the old window frame with yours.
Ooh! I love the cleaniness look of it all! Very pretty!
Sandra
I love how a simple touch like that can start to set a mood for the changing season :)
~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"
Very pretty Brittany, sticks are a great way to let Fall in! I love that photo of your hall, it is so shabby and oh, so chic! Great idea for the dinosaurs, too. We don't have that problem with the weather here, it is down to 39 deg at night and only hits the middle 50's daytime now. It definitely feels like Autumn! It makes me want to smell cinnamon and pumpkin candles and cook up wonderful casseroles and pies!
Hugs, Cindy
I LOVE your sticks!!! But...fall is like a big pile of leaves, you have to JUMP in! ;)
Love the sticks. You're getting there! My fall decor is coming kinda slow as well... maybe when it gets cooler I'll be a little more inspired! Very cute entryway!
I've so enjoyed your blog, and your great taste in decorating. Thanks for sharing!
BTW, I just realized this AM, we've been to your church before! Small world, eh? =) It was several years ago. My husband was working in AL, and we were there over the weekend. If I remember correctly, one of your boys was sick that morning, so you weren't there. If we're back in the area again over the weekend, we'll stop in again. Nice "meeting" you through your blog. Have a blessed day!
Post a Comment