Those of you that know me know that I totally LIVE for summer time. So I am really bummed that it's nearly over. Excuse me while I have a good cry and a piece of chocolate...
And this happy little guy has already started school.
His first day was Monday. As in August 9, people. I don't think I ever went to school that early as a child! I'm pretty sure if I were a kid today, I'd be in total rebellion, and would most likely be leading a "GIVE US BACK OUR SUMMER!" campaign. But as a parent.... um, it's a little different.
This year we decided to hang up our homeschooling hat and let him go to a local Christian School. He loves being with other kids, and frankly I had my sanity to think about. I mean, it's just so not cool to be totally gray at the ripe old age of 32. I've come to the conclusion that as far as homeschooling Moms go, some got it and some aint. Plain and simple. I'm one of those pathetic ones that aint got it. Actually, it's working out better for all of us. Jackson loves it. Well, all but the getting-up-in-the-morning part. But then, I'm not really digging that part myself...

7 comments:
Hi! I had a question for you and sent you an email.
THanks!
Awww...he looks so handsome! My daughter went back Monday too. August is waaaayyy too early.
I'm ready to haul the campaign signs and hit the road!! We never started school until after Labor Day when I was a kid! I'm guessing it's gonna take a lot more than some chocolate to humor me!! :)
I'm sort of jealous...in a way. I really do love homeschooling, but I'm gonna miss the project time! As for summer...I say bring on the fall colors and cool temps! As long as I have to teach, I might as well have the weather I want.
August 9th is SO early to start school!!! Our kids in Canada go back the first Tuesday after Labour Day. But they don't get out until nearly the end of June. Two months is all they get. Is that the way it is there where you are?
Don't feel bad that you just aren't meant to be a home schooler, you did well to start him that way. He looks so handsome in your photo today. (I first said cute, but he might not appreciate being called CUTE.)
Hugs, Cindy S
He is a doll Brittany! That is early to start school.
Enjoy the rest of the summer.
~Melissa :)
He does look cute. School doesn't start til Sept 7 here. I'm like you I love summer. But I will be breathing a sigh of ..not exactly relief, but just ...breathing deeper I guess when 4 of my 7 hop on that big yellow bus and let me clean my house good and proper. :)
The more kids I have the more I need routines. :)
Post a Comment