Tuesday, July 13

Step into my office...

First of all, let me give you a wonderful update one Connie. She's doing sooo much better. She sent me a note a few days ago saying that it really touched her to see all of your comments, and to know that you all were praying for her. She was able to go to church last Sunday :) And the cancer cells have drastically reduced, so we are all so happy that she's well on her way to recovery!

I've been inspired lately to pretty up my office. I had not done much with it since it got moved to the back hall. 

This is what it looked like when we first moved in...

As a temporary fix, I ripped out the moldy orange, yes orange, carpet, and painted the paneling white. (Under the carpet was old hardwoods. They're pretty rough, so I'm thinking about painting them. We haven't gotten to it yet, but that ceiling fan has got. to. go. I'm thinking a cute white chandy...)
Much better, but still seemed a little blah, and I really wanted the white accessories to stand out more. So while blog hopping one day, I came across some real inspiration.


I just love Kasey's living room, at Lola B's. I was totally drooling over the paint color, and how it really made her white things pop. So I emailed her and asked what the color was,  she was so friendly and helpful, and emailed me right back. She used "Faded Silk" by Ralph Lauren. So off to Home Depot I went. They don't have the Ralph Lauren paint anymore, but if you ask, they can still pull up the formulas on their computer.
It was just what the doctor ordered...

Ahhh.
I'm loving it. 
Now my bulletin board doesn't disappear into the wall, but it says, "Hey! Look at ME!" 
Now, anybody got any great ideas for a quote for my chalkboard? Nothing's coming to me at the moment.

I haven't finished the other side of the room, yet. So I'll give you a full tour when I get it all done. But I'm so excited to have a pretty place to blog hop, pay bills, check email, and check up with everybody on facebook :)


Now it's just that much harder to get off the computer and sort dirty laundry...

Photobucket

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brittany! Oh, how pretty your little space looks. That is a very pretty wall color and seems like it would be very soothing.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Maresa said...

love it. you are absolutely the most creative person I have every met.

Simply LKJ said...

Brittany,
The space looks great. I do like that wall color, and it really does make all of your pretty white accessories stand out. I did make a bulletin board and chalkboard similar to yours and can't wait to use them in our newly painted kitchen. By the way, how is Connie doing?

Brittany said...

Lauren, I meant to put an update on Connie in this post, and I forgot, so I just added it. Thanks so much for remembering her!

Leah said...

I love the space you've created. The paint color is beautiful and makes such a difference! I've been looking for something around the this color for our new place. My husband is stuck on painting everything TAN and although I do like it and that everything would match it, I WANT SOMETHING DIFFERENT too =)

Cindy said...

Hi Brittany,
Your office space is SO pretty now! I love the color on the wall, but I can't really tell what color it is. Is it grey or lavender? It does really make your white furniture and accessories pop! It is really gorgeous! You never cease to amaze me!
Hugs, Cindy S

Cindy said...

Oh, I forgot to say that I am thrilled to hear that Connie is recovering, that shows the power of prayer. When God's people pray, miracles happen! Hugs.

Making Memories 1999 said...

I just found your blog, and I'll have to say, I LOVE your decorating tastes! Thank you for sharing, and I look forward to coming back for a vist from time to time.
-Rebecca

Brittany said...

Leah, I totally understand...I think I have 8 different colors in my house right now :) I do have a few tan rooms though, and I really like it, too. But sometimes I just need a little COLOR!
Thanks Cindy! The color is actually a sagey green. It's hard to get the true color in pics :) It's a soft green with a lot of gray in it.

Brittany said...

Rebecca, thanks for the sweet comment, you're welcome anytime! :)

Unknown said...

I think when you're done you can just take a lil trip up to Canada and come do my house? K?
K.

Julie said...

I love it! I am like you I would have a hard time leaving it to get my house work done!

Charity said...

It's beautiful as always!! That is a pretty color - I love how the accents "pop" now. :)

Melissa Miller said...

Brittany it is all so pretty and feminine. Your own cozy little spot. I love it! The topper above the bulletin board is lovely.
The paint color is perfection!

Five baby birds in your living room? That must have been really something!

Blessings sweet friend.
~Melissa :)

Brittany said...

Yes...it was rather interesting! We tried to put the baby birds back in the nest up in the fireplace, but evidently the mother didn't take care of them...they all died a few days later. :( I had tried feeding them myself, but they were just too young.

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Trying to catch up on blogging after being away. Love that charming office! Wish I had one! So thankful to hear a good report on Connie. And your dresser. Oh my, did you get a bargain or what? Happy Day!