Friday, July 23

It's a GIVEAWAY kind of day!

Let's have some giveaway fun today! 
I happened to come across a jack pot the other day, and I thought of all of you. (sniff, sniff...)
So...today, I'm going to giveaway something I love.
One winner will receive 4 cans of Oil Rubbed Bronze Spray Paint!
I realize that it's been getting harder and harder to find, and I found a place locally that had a whole bunch of it. This stuff is just so awesome. I cannot even begin to tell you. 

BUT...there's a catch :) Because I'm sneaky like that.
You have to help me rename my blog! 
I realize that "The Fogleman Family" just isn't the best choice to sum up all that this blog is about. Not all posts are about family. Besides, I'm not overly fond of my name. My husband is a real sweetie, and he's just the cutest thing....but I did NOT marry him for his name. 
Or his money.
Back to the point...
I've had a few ideas floating around in my head, like...

The Painted Parsonage

The Cottage Parsonage

I'm certain I had a few other ideas, but they've left me. Anyway, get where I'm headed?
 So all you have to do to enter this giveaway, is to leave me ONE comment telling me what you think I should name this blog! Give me some new ideas! But be nice. Please. 

Now for da rules:
Open to US and Canada residents only.
You can enter until midnight (central) Monday night. 
Winner will be chosen by random number generator, not necessarily by the best name submitted. 
Winner will be announced Tuesday morning. 
I don't really care whether you're a follower or not - everybody gets the same chance.
If you leave an annon comment, please leave your name and an email address. 

That's it! Now go forth and NAME THAT BLOG!!


Photobucket

22 comments:

Pam B said...

What about The Patchwork Parsonage? The definition of patchwork is "needwork as a quilt, made of odd patches of cloth" - I think it kind of represents all the different and unique aspects of your life coming together to form one beautiful thing!

trish said...

Hi Brittany.
I really like The Cottage Parsonage. I think it is a sweet description of your blog. :o)
Thank you so much for the fabric rosette tutorial. I have really struggled with making them and your tut. has really helped me! :o)
Have a lovely weekend!
Sincerely ~ Tricia

Simply LKJ said...

Okay...will have to think about the name. Love ORB spraypaint. We still have IT here, but HW is next to impossible to find now!!

Unknown said...

How about..."The Krylon Touch...Everything I touch has to be spray painted." LOL! Just kidding!

Pam B said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa Miller said...

How about "Charming Cottage Parsonage"? I think it's sweet and fits your beautiful home Brittany.
I'm excited to see what you decide on for your new name. I adore your blog!

You giveaway is fanatastic but I don't paint. I wish I was more crafty and talented like so many bloggers are. Good luck to all!

Blessings to you sweet friend.
~Melissa :)

RicKaren said...

Decorating Diva? Parsonage Projects? The AlabaMa Manse? Re-doing the Rectory? Cottage Inspirations? Southern Simplicity? Frugal Fogalmans? Krylon Kottage? Brittany's Bling?
LOL! This is fun...even if I'm only half serious with half of these. Hey! Do I get an entry for every name I suggest? Just kidding! I know you'll come up with something great!

Leah said...

I'm just enjoying reading throught the other suggestions you've been given! I was actually thinking about renaming mine as well... hello, Leah's Life is a bit BORING! My problem is, my mind goes blank every time I try to think of something. For you, I think The Painted Parsonage is very fitting and a fun name. Hope you get some other great ideas... what a fun giveaway!

Maresa said...

Parsonage Simplicity. I'm sure whatever you decide will fit you to a tee. You always amaze me and inspire me with your creativity. that's a God givin talent that you are blessed with. thanks again for the fabric rose tutorial. Good luck choosing your new name.

Cindy said...

I love Karen's ideas!!! Parsonage Projects and Re-doing the Rectory! I don't have any new ideas, but I sure like those. Also, I would so love to have some of that ORB paint, I cannot find it here in Canada, we are so-o-o-o far behind in some things.
Hugs, Cindy S

Jana said...

Oh, this is a GREAT giveaway!!! I've never met you but I just love reading your blog with all of your wonderful ideas!!!

I'm totally drawing a blank on a new blog title but will think on it!! The Cottage Parsonage sounds cute! :-)

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I sure could use the ORB. I am planning on painting all of my doorknobs in the house, and that would be wonderful. How about Parsonage Particulars and Pretty Things. Jackie

Rachel said...

My vote is for Parsonage Projects or Painted Parsonage.(Crafty Cottage?)Would love to try ORB, have a bathroom light fixture just waiting for it. thanks for your great posts. Rachel raekb56@hotmail.com

Jennifer Truitt said...

Im voting for the Painted Cottage Parsonage! Boy do I ever have just the piece of furniture that needs that paint!! :)

Tammy said...

Someone mentioned Painted Parsonage..I thought that one was very cute. I haven't done alot of spray painting...but as we are in the middle of renovating our "new to us" house, I do have some ideas floating around my head. We sold our eleven year old daughters bunk bed ( she almost as tall me now ) and I have a very old, antique, iron bed. It has been painted I don't know how many colors over the years, and used by several family members, but I have decided that since it is a full, it would great for her. Ever tried to do something as large as an iron bed? I would appreciate it if you have any advice.

Charity said...

I'm putting my vote in for the Painted Parsonage! I think it suits. :) (That and I'm not very original when it comes to naming things.) :) Oh, and I have a bathroom shelf that needs that color.... :)

Anonymous said...

I think you should leave it alone, or change it to "Happenings at the Fogleman household". After all, it's your family, and you should be proud of your husband's name, and maybe do more posts about your family. That's just my two cents worth!
-Brenda Stevenson

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog so much,since I found it a year ago.You are amazing with how you decorate you home.On a budget and it looks so beautiful and peaceful.The transfermation from when you first moved in to now is simply stunning.Looks like a totally different house.

I think you should call it the Parsonage Cottage Living (or Life).Because you are sharing your life with all of us.Thank you,
jackiecolborn@yahoo.com

Peggy B. said...

The Parson's Painted Parsonage.

Jennifer said...

I like the Krylon Kottage and Brittany's Bling....:) I really like Brittany's Bling. You do a good job with adding a little bling to what you do. :)

wekaba said...

I recently found a link to your blog and have been thrilled to look at all of your handy work!

I love your style girl!!

I love the blog title's everyone is suggesting!
Since it has been said that a womans home is her castle, I thought about:
"The Parson's Wife's Paradise" (making life in the Parsonage beautiful and happy)

Elizabeth said...

maybe The Painted Parsonage or just leave it the name it is.. i like both..
you have a great blog!

Elizabeth D. from MS..