Monday, July 5

Happy Independence Day!

Where would this country be without geeks brilliant technologically minded individuals?!  I'm so happy to announce that my own personal geek squad has located and fixed the problem on my computer. Whew! Big sigh of relief. Soooo, I can share PICTURES!! 

We made some fun Independence Day memories with a cookout on Saturday. I'm thankful for the freedoms we enjoy in this great country, and I say it's worth celebrating!

We had some fun and yummy decor...

refreshing lemonade...

made memories with the family...

enjoyed some all American hotdogs and hamburgers...

had some fun playing the homemade corn toss game...

cooled off with a little swim...

enjoyed homemade ice cream with fresh strawberries...Mmmmm...

and we finished the day off with some fireworks and "sprinklers"   :) 
A certain Daddy may or may not have burned a rather large hole in his shirt with some bottle rockets. And a certain Mommy may or may not have laughed her head off at his peril. It's just barely possible.

Oh, and one more thing. I made some fabric rosettes to add a bit of festive bling to my plain red shirt...
Ohmygoodness....I think I shall go clean my mirror.
 Right. Now. 


I pinned them on with safety pins, so they're removable.

I hope you all had a Happy 4th!!

Happy Birthday America,
 God Bless the USA! 
Photobucket

3 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

Great photos! Glad you're computer is fixed. Love the rosettes...need to learn to make them as my daughters adore them...especially on headbands.

Charity said...

Looks like you all had a fun time!! I'm glad your techie got you all fixed up again! :) I love your rosettes! Love that they are pinned on, too! I need to make more of those... maybe on my next shirt. :)

Cindy said...

It looks like you had tons of fun!! I love the t-shirt that you have on, I have such a hard time finding really modest t-shirts, but that looks like a great one. The rosette idea is so cute, love it!
Hugs, Cindy S