Friday, June 25

Beachy Sign

Happy Friday y'all! 
I've had this little project finished for quite a while, but just remembered to share it. I found this cabinet door at the Thrift Store, and something about it just screamed "BEACH SIGN!!" to me. 

I made some stencils, painted on the letters, then sanded some of the paint back off.  See, there's this unwritten law that anything beachy has to be weathered. I'm just livin by the law here. 
Then I had to figure out what to do with the indentions where the hinges used to be. After wearing the old thinking cap for a while, I decided to drill holes, and tie some rope through them for the hanger. It worked!

We have a little hallway leading into the den, and that was the perfect spot for the sign. (That's also where the covered file cabinet ended up). It really dressed up what was once a totally useless spot. Oh, and the best part? It only cost me a buck! Woot!
Check out the other Finished Object Friday projects at the Chari Tree!

I also want to give an update on my friend, Connie - she's off the ventilator, and is making great progress! Thanks so much for your prayers!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Charity said...

Very cute!! I love the hanger for the sign - it's perfect!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

trish said...

Praise God about Connie, thank you so much for the update.
Your sign is so cute! You did a great job and so perfect with the old cabinet door! :o)
I hope you have a great weekend.
Sincerely ~ Tricia

Simply LKJ said...

Love the sign Brittany! The rope hanger turned out to be the perfect touch.
So glad to hear Connie is doing better. Still praying.

Anonymous said...

WoW!!! Brittany, that sign is GoRgEoUs! I need to tell my daughter to look at that. She will love it, too. Your thinking cap is very creative to come up with the idea of drilling holes for the rope, great idea! And I love the beachy color, too, the distress is perfect!
You've done it once again!
Glad to hear that Connie is doing better, God is good!
Hugs, Cindy S

Jodi said...

I love that color of blue- it is completely refreshing and definitely beachy. I also really enjoy your blog which I discovered by accident while browsing the web. I clicked on a link provided by Tidy Mom in reference to your kitchen valance idea. I am inspired by all your creativity.

Jodi

Andrea said...

You've done it again, Lady!!
Looks great :)
I'm still drooling over your hallway :)

Unknown said...

That's so very cute!

Melissa Miller said...

Brittany that is just darling! Love it! Good job.

Thank you very much for your kind words on my new haircut and weight loss. I'm feeling grateful to be healthy again. You're the best sweet friend.

Have a happy 4th with your family.
~Melissa :)

Cara@TheSheetBoutique said...

Just found your blog and am your latest follower. Love the before and after pictures. It's amazing what a coat of paint can do!