I'm sure everybody's seen this pillow from Pottery Barn. I loved it, but wasn't about to shell out 50 buckaroos for it. Who do they think they are anyway?!
Sooooo,
can you guess where I'm headed with this? I sense a PB knock off coming...
The iron-on transfer paper worked like a charm again, and I have my own version of the PB pillow...for a thriftier Brittany kind of price :) My antiquated print program didn't have a font exactly like the PB one, so I had to freehand some swirly q's on there myself. Have you ever tried to do that with a jerky old mouse? I don't recommend it. But it was worth it in the end - I love it!
Woot Woot! Now that's what I'm talkin 'bout. I'm on a roll now....gotta try one more.
Love it! This is so much fun :)
Besides being so fun to make, these pillows are the perfect accent to my "new" very old church bench in the hall. Stay tuned for some before and afters of the entire hall project!
So, do you love ruffles as much as I do? You do?! Then you've got to go to the Chari Tree to see her latest Finished Object Friday. You'll love it. Seriously.
Happy weekend to all my peeps, blog friends, and blog spooks! You know who you are ;)


12 comments:
SOOOO cute!! I think I need to commission one of those pillows! It would look perfect in my bedroom.
You should totally sell those!!! I've been wanting an old church bench (short) for more seating around my table.
Super cute Brittany!! You are creating some of the cutest things by using the iron ons. :o)
I am praying for your friend Connie. I hope she is regaining some of her strength.
Sincerely ~ Tricia
Ps. I have admired your chalk boards for some time and the other day I happened across a large picture frame for $5.00. My husband and I will be working on a chalk board very soon! :o) Thank you for sharing your projects, you have been an inspiration.
very very cute! I really like the queen of the nest one
These put a big smile on my face :) So cute Brit
Very cute!
Love it. I think I am going to have to get on the ball. I have a long list of blog inspired projects. Thanks for sharing.
How clever! Have to admit, I have the PB one (didn't pay full price though)...but if I'd seen your blog months ago, I would have done exactly what you did. Now I'm on a mission...I have tons of burlap just laying around my craft room.
WOW! Brittany it came out just perfect! How preious. Great job!
Have a blessed week.
~Melissa :)
Amazing! I adore that pillow and the second one also. I need to go back to the post where you show us how to do that. You are AMAZING. And I'm looking forward to seeing your hallway project. I have always wanted a church bench in my house. When I had a chance to have it, it was totally the wrong house for it. So I am really looking forward to yours.
Hugs, Cindy S
I love it! I just recently tried the whole freezer paper stenciling technique, but I wasn't really happy with the way mine turned out. The lettering didn't look as crisp as I wanted it to (probably due to my lack of skills with an exacto knife). Any tips for getting that crisp, clean look?
Oh my, I am so dangerous with an exacto knife...and almost never get good results. (I could Reeeally use a Cricut...)I've never tried the freezer paper stenciling, But with the transfer paper, I found that the brand made the most difference! First I used some that I found in the craft and fabric dept at Wal-Mart - it was a disaster. Then I tried the Avery brand (found on the computer paper isle) It was like a dream. I didn't cut out each letter, I just cut around the whole image with about an 1/8th inch border. It worked fine, and you can hardly tell where the blank transfer paper is, it just sort of blends into the fabric.
Post a Comment