This may or may not seem like much of a finished object to you, but if you had been staring at this huge blank wall forever, you would think it was stellar.
I knew I wanted to use shelves like these, it just took me a while to FIND them...well, Ok, so it took me a while to find some CHEAP enough. Yep - the Thrift store finally had what I needed. I've gotten so spoiled now, that I can't bring myself to buy anything new!
ANYWAY...I give you *ahem* my Finally Finished Wall.

I've never shown this side of the den, because, well......it's ugly. Treadmills can totally ruin some good decor, ya know? You can see it rearing it's ugly head in the photo... Really though, I enjoy walking on it, so I won't let it bother me. I'll just decorate all around it!
I was really planning to use larger shelves, and fit a few more frames on there, but, well, beggars just can't be too choosy. I still like how it all came together.

I took the photo of the seagull on our girl's getaway beach trip last summer, and my friend, Melissa, suggested I frame it....so I did! I got the frame at Goodwill, and I thought it would be just right for it with it's straw mat. I didn't even paint it. (I'll pretend I didn't hear that chorus of Gasps out there...)
I found the tall straw looking thingies at Cato's, believe it or not, for a dollar each! They're the perfect accent. I'm enjoying having this room FINISHED! It's the next best thing to a real live trip to the beach :)
Hop on over to the Chari Tree to see other Finished Object Friday posts! And don't be surprised if you see a totally adorable accent table redo :)

6 comments:
Really cute! All your decorating is great. It makes my creative juices flow.
WOW! It looks great! I've been holed up in my office today trying to get it together!!
It's lovely :)
Very cute! I love how that room has come together! :)
WoW!! Your display shelves look GREAT!!! You have a great eye for putting together vignettes. LoveIt!!! Hugs, Cindy S
I dislike the 'one' picture and you know why. Ha! The shelves and arrangements are wonderful.
Post a Comment